Chapter 40

Hey everyone, sorry this chapter was late, but I hope you all like the chapter.
________________________________
Recap:
And that's when everything went black.
_________________________________

Xander's POV:

Hailie fainted and I immediately went to catch her. I could hear the tap running while I picked her up and gently placed her on the couch. I could see Alex and Mason talking to Hardin at the door, and Cole was checking Hailie's pulse.

"She seems stable, but her heart seems to be racing." Just as Cole said that, Will emerged from the kitchen with a wet rag in in his hand, and a cup of water. He places the cool rag on her forehead, and placed the glass of water on a nearby table.

"So she can drink something when she wakes up." He didn't need to explain.

Mason and Alex came into the living room too, and Mason remained standing while Alex sat on the other couch.

"Who the hell let him in" I said angrily.

It was one thing that Hailie was yelling at me, since I don't care if some dude see's me being yelled at by my little sister. It's the fact that now Hardin knows Hailie's deepest secret she was so desperately trying to keep from him. And everyone else.

To say the least, I was pissed, and worried. I was pissed that her secret is now out to Hardin, and I'm worried about what he'll do with information. I don't want him treating Hailie any differently, and being weird around her. We did that at first when we found out, but now, we almost completely forget about it, and she's just our normal sister. The last thing Hailie would want is to be treated differently.

She's spent so much of her life being treated differently, and overall living an awful life. That's why we all try to hard to make life normal and fun for her. We all have our fight and arguments, but which siblings don't? That's why we even let her go to school even after everything that's happened. She always has bodyguards around her, but she'll never be notified about that. I also couldn't stop thinking about what she told me. She was completely right.

I have no say in her past, and I shouldn't have said anything at dinner. I may hate Hardin, but now I might have to get used to him since he'll have to stick around for a while for more reasons then one.

"Long story short, we threatened him, and told him we'll talk later. I swear to god if he says anything to other people-" Alex started but was cut off.

"He won't. I made sure of that." Mason said coldly while crossing his arms.

My eyes quickly averted to Hailie when I saw her move a little. We all hovered over her, but gave her enough space to get up, and not feel too claustrophobic and faint again.

Her eyes slowly opened and I almost let out a breath of relief when I saw her brown eyes. Most people hate having brown eyes and think of them as a boring and dull color. But I love them, especially Hailie's. I think their one of the most innocent things about her. One look at her puppy eyes and she could have the whole world on its knees. That's also why when I'm angry, I go bother her a lot. Not to purposely annoy her, but just to see her brown eyes. It may seem weird, but to me, it comforting because they look just like dads. We all have either brown or hazel eyes, but only Hailie has a dark ring around her pupil that none of us have, and only dad had.

She looks like dad, we all know it. Honestly, it just makes us love her even more (if that's even possible). Even though only Alex, and Will really show their love towards her, we all love her more then she could ever understand. That's why when we found out about her past, and what happened to her, we were more then pissed.

She groggily got up, and was half way sitting up, and used one elbow to hold her up, and the other to massage her head. I didn't notice Cole wasn't there until her came from the kitchen with two pills in his hand.

"Here, this will help with the headache" He said while handing her the pills and water Will had placed there earlier.

"Thanks" she replied. It was barely a whisper and her voice sounded hoarse even though all she did was pass out.

It had been 3 minute since she swallowed the pills, and she refuses to make eye contact with any of us and just keeps looking at the floor and slightly swinging her right leg back and forth.

I shared a nervous glance with Cole. None of us knew how to deal with it. Learning how to deal with your sisters and her "crush" after she told him about her abusive past wasn't really in the curriculum for older brothers.

We all remained silent until Alex broke it.

"Everything will be alright Hailie. He won't tell anyone. We made sure of it." I didn't miss the glance he shared with Mase. But this only seemed to make her even more nervous.

"It's not ok Alex! Not at all. My biggest secret is now known by Hardin and now you've threatened him too. If my secret didn't scare him off, your threats sure did!" She gave an exasperated sigh and crossed her arms in her lap and plopped her head down on them. Her brown hair falling on the side of her face.

I heard a sign from Will.

"Hailie, the only threat Alex and Mase gave him we're not to tell anyone or he'll pay and that they'll talk to him tomorrow. And as for your secret, it will be ok. If anything, he'll just know how strong you are and will only like you more because of it."

"No he won't! You guys don't understand. He'll treat me like I'm fragile glass. He'll be scared to do anything around me cause it might trigger something. Don't say that he won't because you guys did the same thing. The one thing I didn't want to happen, happened." She cried out in frustration and leaned back on the couch.

Well, one things for sure, were screwed.

Hey everyone. Sorry for the late update, and sorry I'm not replying to all of your messages, my pm box isn't working, so if you would like to contact me, this is my email; limelight3214@gmail.com. Love you all, hope you liked this chapter.