CHAPTER FOUR

They sat there together holding hands

They sat there together holding hands. Lorenzo had specifically made a chamber room built for both of them. She sat there on bed trying to think. It's been a week, her belly started to get bigger. It's been decided that Lorenzo and Giuliano will travel to Milan, to make sure her father Galeazzo Sforza, still keeps his promise.

"I'm sure, he will." She replied, softly. Lorenzo turned to look at her, with a short smile. "We don't know for sure, Roslin. I need to make sure he keeps his promise. I must be sure," he replied. She sighed, rubbing her belly slowly, Lorenzo took notice and began to walk towards her, he sat by her. "How is the child?"

Roslin smiled at him. "It's strong, I feel like it's a boy." Lorenzo smiled upon her. "Nothing seems like that. What shall we name our little boy?" She asked, running her belly. Lorenzo smiled sitting beside her, he wanted a boy, wanted to name him Piero de Medici.

"He'll be named Cosimo de Medici." Roslin spoke quickly. Lorenzo looked at her shocked. "Our boy will be named after my grandfather?" Roslin nodded. "To pay tribute to the Medici household." Roslin smiled gently rubbing her belly leaving Lorenzo shocked.

"What if it's a girl?" He asked. Roslin smiled continually to rub her belly. "If it's a girl, Lucrezia." She smiled. "No matter what, it's a little child that we made." Lorenzo smiled at her, holding her close. Roslin is his life, he loved her.

○ ○ ○

After the new few days, after Lorenzo and Giuliano had arrived from Milan. She had spent her day alongside Lucrezia. Lorenzo barged in the room, smiling upon seeing her he rushed towards her placing a kiss on her forehead. She smiled feeling his warmth. "Mother, has Giovanni arrived?" Lorenzo asked, placing his arms around Roslin's waist.

"He's expected. Is it true,you've extended the Duke's credit?" Roslin widened her eyes stepping away from Lorenzo. "Why did you do that? My father wouldn't agree."

"Yes. He would. In exchange for more trade routes, yes." Lorenzo replied. Roslin couldn't believe it. "We need that debt repaid, son. The Pope won't wait forever."

"We will repay the Pope, mother as soon as the Priori has agreed to the new treaty."

"As you know, many in the Priori didn't want the treaty in the first place, and Jacopo Pazzi will be looking for ways to oppose you." Lucrezia warned him. Roslin couldn't bear to look at Lorenzo

"Yes, mother. I know." Lorenzo walked over to Roslin taking her hand kissing it, twice. "Forgive me, my love. I'll promise you, I'll tell you everything that happens, I didn't want you to know like this," he kissed her palms again looking up at her green eyes. Roslin just let out a sign agreeing. She is carrying his firstborn son. Lorenzo smiled leaning forward to kiss her on the lips, she stood still emotionless as he peck her lips. Suddenly Lorenzo turned to the side seeing Sandro passing by.