CHAPTER SIX

Roslin strolled the chapel staring at the white littering walls, full of paintings

Roslin strolled the chapel staring at the white littering walls, full of paintings. Roslin didn't understand the meaning of the paintings. The main story behind each painting but she knew it meant something important to the medici family. She stopped once she saw a painting of man, red curly hair can be shown, sharp blue eyes. He looked quite handsome, yet had some firm tone. Sixteen year old Roslin stared at the painting for quite a time.

"Cosmic de Medici." A voice spoke. She turned to spot Lorenzo walking towards her. He quickly stood next to her and stared at the picture. "My grandfather. He changed Florence for good."

"Some say, he made Florence prosper. His ambition is what strived him." Roslin continued, showing a smile. Lorenzo nods staring at the picture for a while. "My grandfather certainly had his ways. He did anything he could to save Florence."

"Is that what lead him to his demise." Roslin took a look at Lorenzo expecting an answer. Lorenzo simply couldn't answer. "That's not what lead to his demise. My grandmother, she helped him. Despite all his unfaithfulness."

Roslin furrows her eyebrows. "Lorenzo," she softly spoke. Lorenzo turn to her showing a smile. "Generations of Medici have their own take in life."

***

Lorenzo laid their in bed thinking about life. Lucrezia laid there beside watching him slowly. They both were clearly naked holding and feeling each other warmth. "You are loyal to a friend. The sign of a good heart, Lorenzo." At that point, Lucrezia smiled seductively at him.

"But never pick a fight you can't win. It only strengthens your enemies." Lorenzo finished thinking of everything he must do to make Florence better. "You look more anxious about. Bianca's wedding than your own. A marriage to the Pazzi. A new treaty ratified with Milan." At this point, they held each other smiling. Lorenzo truly held a smile for a light second. He heart told him to stop, lust is what keeps him going.

"You are ascendant, Lorenzo." Lucrezia stood up showing her nakedness. "What do you have to be worried about?''

"Our bank's finances are precarious. And this wedding will only deepen Jacopo's desire to destroy us." At this point he stood up leaving her in bed. She looked at him oddly. Lorenzo looked to the side. He started thinking of Roslin, his unborn child.

"But he's old." Lucrezia snap him out of his thoughts. "And you are more than his equal."

"I'm burdened by conscience. Which puts me at a disadvantage." He spoke softly. He took a look at her studying her. "How is conscience a disadvantage? There are moral lines that I won't cross. And he has none of those. There is strength in goodness. And I believe in you." Lucrezia stood by him hugging him from behind.