Chapter 58

Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore was sitting with her father, the old king, Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore along with some revered ministers of Vijaygarh and commander-in-chief of the royal army, Avdhesh Singh Ranawat in the meeting chambers of the palace on the opulent upholstered chairs made of pure gold.

An awkward silence prevailed within the four opulent walls of the visiting chambers that were decorated with magnificent scriptures about the valor of the royal army of Vijaygarh. Everyone present in the room had horrified expressions on their faces while the king’s head was hung low.

With tears brimming in his eyes, the devastated Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore could not meet the eyes of anyone in the room as he felt he truly failed as a king. He was enraged at his brother whom he trusted blindly. He was infuriated at his brother who snatched his wife, the love of his life from him. He was shattered to realize the fact that he loved his brother Ajeet Singh Rathore unconditionally and avoided all his mistakes for the sake of family while his treacherous brother backstabbed him giving him tremendous pain and agony. He was aghast as he realized he was feeding a venomous snake for years who killed his wife, the queen of his kingdom, Maharani Manjughosha Devi and unfortunately, he could not find out the injustice done to his queen.

Everyone looked at the queen trying to comprehend her chocolate brown eyes which were red in anger masking her turmoil.

The mighty queen of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore shrieked angrily, “Respected defence minister and commander-in-chief of the royal army, I want both of you to formulate a plan to attack on Rajgarh. The plan to avenge the death of the valiant queen, my mother Maharani Manjughosha Devi is simple. We will ruin Rajgarh and capture all its territories. Once, the godfathers of sly Ajeet Singh Rathore will be under the influence of Vijaygarh, we will ruin the real culprits too.”

The opulent royal chamber echoed with the shouts of joy, “Long live the queen”, as each and every royal present in the room felt proud of the seventeen year old Rathore queen who truly had capabilities to manage the prosperous kingdom of Vijaygarh along with abilities to protect the reputation of powerful Rathore clan.

Like all the other eminent rulers of Vijaygarh, Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore had unfazed expressions on her authoritative face but inside, she was terribly hurt and dejected. Her muscular hands urged to throttle the necks of her uncle, Ajeet Singh Rathore and choke him to death and she was waiting for the right time.

The old ministers who often questioned the abilities of the young queen as it was difficult for them to get accustomed to the idea of being ruled by a woman were truly overwhelmed at the decision of queen. Everyone present in the room were proud of the queen and trusted her completely in the new venture.

All the loyal ministers sympathized the young girl inside the queen who not only lost her tender childhood but also her mother were really proud of her, after all, the seventeen year old deserving princess had transformed into an elegant queen.

Once everyone left the room, Maharaja Vijay Singh Rathore could not meet the eyes of his daughter. He felt culpable for his daughter’s sorrow, her turmoil and her sufferings.

Before the mighty queen of Vijaygarh could leave the room, he stuttered controlling his tears as he said, “I am sorry, Aparajita. I could not see through his web of lies.”

Gathering all the courage inside her to hold back her tears and keep her voice steady, Aparajita mumbled, “It is okay, dear father. We were backstabbed. Rathores believe in only one punishment for treason and that is death…”

Even before she could speak further, her father, the old king shrieked in anguish, “Aparajita, you are a true Rathore, be faithful to your blood, this kingdom and your mother who is somewhere in heaven. Kill Ajeet Singh Rathore and feed him to the hounds. Give the most painful death to the murderer of your mother.”

The old king slumped on the opulent floor of the meeting chambers as he broke down. With tears trickling down his eyes and sorrow in his heart, the old man cried his heart out while his daughter hugged him, rubbing his back continuously to control him. The sight before the mighty queen of Vijaygarh was truly unbearable but she fought hard with her emotions. The queen Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore had resolved not to shed her tears till she avenged her mother’s death and being a prestigious Rathore ruler, she could never break her resolve. 

Oblivious to everything, Ajeet Singh Rathore and his son, Vikrant Singh Rathore were striving hard to fulfill their goals. Hailing from one of the most powerful Kshatriya clans, the father-son duo had an edge amongst the tribals.

The innocent tribals sympathized with the self-styled humble prince banished from by his own kingdom by his unworthy cousin, the supposed queen Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore for the greed of power but little did they know that Vikrant Singh Rathore was a threat in disguise.

The innocent tribals of Pranathgarh and nearby villages supported their leader Vikrant Singh Rathore and wished the best for him. They revered Vikrant Singh Rathore to an extent that they were ready to do anything for him even if it meant losing their lives. Things were surely going as planned for the father-son duo and they were excited for their next step but little did they know that their scandalous desires were supposed to remain dreams forever.

“My hands are aching to attack”, Vikrant said to his father while sitting in a closed chamber of his new palace with his father. Ajeet Singh Rathore and Vikrant Singh Rathore were discussing the progress of their plan, drinking the intoxicating ale prepared in the tribal villages and were engrossed in their own world of merry-making for their upcoming success.

The experienced war veteran, Ajeet Singh Rathore just chuckled at his impatient son and told him, “Son, let’s wait for the right time. We will need money and resources so let’s arrange them in the meanwhile”.

On the other side of the closed room, stood a pale, disheartened figure listening to their conversation trying to grasp the coded talks as the father-son duo continued their discourse.

Nandini could comprehend that her husband wanted to wage a war against someone in near future and unknowingly she felt an urge to inform Uday about it. She was frustrated at her husband and was burning in anger. The enraged Nandini could go beyond limits to avenge her husband and ruin his desires to shambles.

❤❤❤

Hi everyone

Sorry for the delay! 😅😅😅

I completed Rainbow of our Love, my other book. Do check it! 😍😍😍

Since my other book is completed, I will focus on this one completely and from Monday, I will give regular updates. I will try from tomorrow though! 💖💖💖

I will waiting for your precious comments and valuable votes, so don't forget to hit the 🌟 button.

Love you all
💜