𝟏𝟕 - 𝐒𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐄𝐥𝐬𝐞

2 months later.

(y/n) still hasn't told anyone about the fact that Athena (the person who sent the assassin) is her sister.

"(y/n), help me I can't get up" the voice of my sister yelled as she held on for dear life to the remains of a dead tree that hung over a great waterfall, on the planet Alderaan.

I stood near the edge of the fall in between her and Dooku who was retreating back to his ship "(y/n), leave her. if she can't get up herself, she doesn't deserve to be saved"

looking back over to my sister who now held onto a withering branch with one hand, her energy was drained but as she yelled and screamed for help, I had to make a decision.

and so I did.

taking my masters hand I ran up onto the solo sailer ship and watched my sister plummet to her death as the ramp closed.

her screams still ringing in my ears.

panting, puddled in sweat I sat bolt upright in bed. I took a deep breath of relief, realising it was just a dream, a memory.

That day haunted me, the day I left my sister to die.

Ever since the masked assassin mentioned her name that night two months ago, I hadn't been able to get her off my mind. These dreams, memories became a nightly thing where I would wake up screaming or crying.

Anakin would usually hear from his room and come rushing in, but it got to a point where I would just sleep in his bed instead. that's where I was now, I looked over to my side and there he was. I watched his chest rise and fall in deep sleep for a second, just grateful that he was here.

I quietly sneaked out of his bedroom and travelled over to his balcony that overlooked Coruscant. I trailed my hands along the cool metal railing as I pondered the thought of my sister.

so she was alive? she tried to kill padme? was she coming for me next? 

"another nightmare?" the low, raspy voice of Anakin spoke from behind me

"oh sorry, i didn't mean to wake you" I smiled weakly at him.

He slowly walked over, his toned abs glistened in the low light as he reached me and pulled me close. He wrapped his arms around me and rested his chin on my head whilst stroking my hair.

I welcomed his embrace.

Ever since Anakin told me he loved me, something just sort of...flourished between us.

I think I was beginning to fall for him too.

it would be harder for me to say it back though, I wasn't trained for caring about others, only myself. Emotions were still a very new concept for me so admitting that I love him was a huge thing for me.

"do you remember what this one was about?" he asked

"no" I replied. I wanted to tell Anakin everything, about my sister, about what had happened about the dreams but if I did, he would never be able to look at me the same. So I continued to lie, simply telling him I couldn't remember.

He continued to stroke my hair "I'll never let anything happen to you ok?" his voice was serious now. "I promise you",  I nodded into his chest gratefully.

I felt safe.

He held my shoulders and looked down at me "you want to come back to bed?"

"I wont be able to sleep anymore tonight" i said, shaking my head