𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑻𝒘𝒐.

I 022. I

𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒅𝒐𝒓𝒔

❝ quintus ❞

ARIADNE HAD TALKED WITH ANNABETH. It made her a nervous wreck, but once they rid themselves of their emotions and secrets, it was all good.

The blonde didn't hate her, and boy was the brunette happy about that. Annabeth has heard her story and let her cry over Beckett, and the blonde she'd a few small tears as well.

Neither of them held any hate for the other any longer. It was quite nice for her to have a huge weight lifted off of her shoulders.

Annabeth explained everything about the labyrinth that Clarisse had been searching. She knew how terrifying the brunette would be. And she was. Ariadne's face went pale.

"Labyrinth...?" she asked quietly. "They found an entrance."

Annabeth nodded. "We think Luke is going to use it to invade camp, but there isn't one even near here," she said.

The brunette sighed. "They don't even have a way of navigating it." But by her friends face, she knew she was wrong. "Right? Please tell me they don't."

"They're looking for it, Ari." The blonde pursed her lips. "Clarisse found Chris near her mom's house. He was talking about string. You know what that means, right?"

Ariadne gulped. "Yeah. Yeah I do."

"Do you have any idea where it is?" Annabeth asked. "You have lived with her for years."

"No. Anytime I asked about it she would leave immediately. At some point I just quit talking about the whole instance. And when I told her about how Percy killed the Minotaur his first year, she made me promise I would never talk about it or Theseus ever again."

Both girls looked at canoe lake in silence. Annabeth's mind was working quickly to figure out a solution, but Ariadne's was replaying any fact she knew about the story of Theseus and the labyrinth.

Her stepmom refused to even speak the name Theseus. And anytime it came out of her stepdaughter's mouth, she would shudder and resist the urge to yell at the girl who only wanted to ask a few questions.

They talked for a few more minutes until the blonde was pulled away by her siblings, they muttered between them about some design plans of some sort before she left.

Ariadne was left standing on the dock by herself. She didn't mind, but only wished one of her friends could talk.

Grover had been consumed with guilt and sadness over his trial and his last week of being a searcher unless they found some sort of plan for his search for Pan. Annabeth still had to figure something out dealing with Chris and the labyrinth, and Percy was with Tyson, spending time with his brother before dinner.

But apparently, brother time would include her thanks to Tyson. He spotted the girl on the docks and pointed over. "Pretty girl!" he called.

Ariadne glances back at the sound of the familiar nickname. She gave him a smirk as he ran over. "Hey, Tyson," she said. "What's up?"

"Brother and I are going to sword arena," he said. "Would you like to come?"

She nodded. "Sure."

He grinned before leading the way. They walked side by side, except she had to walk quickly to keep up with the cyclops. Soon, they met Percy at the door of cabin three.