7.1 A Heart Colder Than Ice

[Host, this world is different from all the worlds you have entered before. In this world, I will not give you any information other than the memories of the body you will be in. Your mission in this world is different. The original soul of your body will meet with you. This is all that I can say. I will not be able to access the world with you, but I have incorporated the system like in the last world. I will await the ending of this world, Host.]

As soon as Fei Shang's voice disappeared, Fei Qianchi opened his eyes. The mirage of a small white fox was seen.

"You are the soul that will be taking over my body." From the fox came a gentle yet bewitching voice, enchanting as if the fox was a siren.

Fei Qianchi realized that he was already in a body and the fox before him was a mere mirage. Still processing Fei Shang's words, he opened his mouth. "I am." It was a gentle and bewitching voice, very similar to the fox.

The fox nodded his head, walking closer to Fei Qianchi. "I am Lu Fengmian, a fox demon. I am a fox who can turn into a human, a creature that is evil in this world. Before I let go of this world completely, I will ask for one thing from you. No matter what, protect my sister. No matter what she does, please save her from the pain she will face." The fox stopped by Fei Qianchi.

"You will get all my memories when I merge with you. From what you will know, I just hope that you won't look upon my sister in a bad light. This world is not in black and white and you will face unimaginable pain. You will take upon my role, become me. You can do as you wish with my body, but you must protect my sister no matter your decision." The fox waited for Fei Qianchi's answer.

Fei Qianchi looked at the fox, already feeling a headache coming. "I understand, I will do as you say."

The fox smiled, "Good. Then please beware, you will await a harsh life ahead. My sister is currently being chased, please arrive quickly after gaining my memories to save her." Saying this, the fox began turning into speckles of light as his body faded, flying towards Fei Qianchi and merging with him.

Fei Qianchi closed his eyes, legs giving out on him as he accepted the memories.

Lu Fengmian was a fox demon, or a Yao. They were foxes, white foxes that held the ability to turn into a human. Fox demon were known as demons that could easily bewitch humans, tricking them into giving up their life forces. They were creatures who were beautiful, alluring and able to trick humans into falling in love with them.

Because of this, fox demons were chased down and killed, for they were creatures that lived longer because of killing other people.

Lu Fengmian did not have a tough life, he had an elder sister, Lu Yingyue who cared for him. Lu Yingyue was old, already over 100 years old, she had lived so long by doing something that almost every fox demon had. Tricking humans into falling for her and taking their life forces. The two were not blood-related, but Lu Yingyue had saved Lu Fengmian after his parents were killed by the humans fifteen years ago.

Lu Fengmian and Lu Yingyue lived in the snowy mountains. Lu Yingyue would usually be gone for a month each year and would return with food and such. Lu Fengmian would await Lu Yingyue's return and during that time, he would stay in his fox form to not alert the people who would come to the mountains.

From what Fei Qianchi was able to understand, Lu Yingyue was once almost killed by a monk and Lu Fengmian had saved her, endangering his life afterwards. Currently, Fei Qianchi knew that he needed to save Lu Yingyue as Lu Fengmian had told him.

Taking in a deep breath, Fei Qianchi stood up. From here on, he was Lu Fengmian.

*AN: We will refer to him as Lu Fengmian from here on*