Chapter 7: When I have nothing nice to say, I choose to be quiet

"And what did you tell him?" Kenzie asked, curling her hair in front of the mirror

"Nothing", I shrugged.

She snapped her head towards me,

"Are you serious? You said nothing?" She said, gaping like a fish.

"Yes, I didn't, what could I say?"

"You could've told him about what they did",

"Are you crazy? Why would I tell him that?"

"He knows them, he could put them in their place", she stated.

"Kenzie, he likes Tanya, I can't tell him and ruin it for him",

"Won't it be better for him?" Kenzie twirled a strand around her finger.

I just put on my glasses and resumed reading Eat Pray Love.

I couldn't concentrate on the book. The thought kept coming back to my head. Would it be better for him?

Just then my thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. I picked the phone up to see Kat's name on the caller ID.

"Why are you calling me from inside the house?" I asked, annoyed.

"Howdy sis, how are you?" Kat's voice came from the other end.

"Kat?" I sat up on my bed also catching Kenzie's attention, "What did you do?"

"Um nothing", she replied.

"That's your guilty voice, what did you do?"

"I don't have a guilty voice", she said, feigning offence.

"Kat I will personally murder you",

"Okay just pick me up, I'm sending you the address, I'll explain everything", with that she cut the call without giving me a chance to argue.

She sent me the address and I turned on my GPS as me and Kenzie snuck out of the house, making sure mom wouldn't wake up. That woman had radar ears.

I reached the address in a few minutes and waited for Kat to get in the car.

She had been standing out the cold wearing her hoodie. Her nose was red as she climbed into the car.

"Hey Kenzie, why are you here?" She said cheerily as if nothing had happened.

"Sleepover", Kenzie replied.

I drove a few houses away be stopped the car. I turned around and gave Kat a deathly glare. She turned pale.

"Talk", I ordered.

"It was just a prank",

"And what prank was it?"

"A harmless one",

"Kat", I looked at her with a murderous glare in my eyes.

"God you're scary", she shuddered, "Well there's this guy who's been annoying me since I stepped foot in school, and last week he emptied an entire tube of super glue on my chair which ruined my reputation and more importantly, my favorite trousers, so I got him back",