Chapter 10 - Great Ape Vegeta

Goku's Kaioken form drops and he falls down to the ground, barely staying on his legs. I fly down to him.

"Good job Goku! But he's not gone. You only weakened him." I can sense him high up in the air. He must have gotten out of the way of the kamehameha at the last moment.

"Haaah... haaah... seriously? This guy's persistent," Goku says, tired. "I won't be able to go another round with him. You can have this one, Alpha."

I nod and prepare to fight him. He comes down from the clouds, tired and injured, but alive and furious.

"You think this is funny?! Let's see who's laughing once I've become a great ape!" Vegeta creates a ball of light in his hand and throws it up to the sky, then closes his fist. I instinctively look away from it and see Vegeta transforming. His energy skyrockets and he grows into a huge monkey.

"A saiyan's great ape counterpart has ten times the battle prowess. Are you shaking in your boots now?" Vegeta growls in a deep, rough voice.

He is definitely more powerful now. I have to keep his attention away from Goku. I fly up to his snout and land a hit on his face, but then he moves behind me and slams me to the ground. I can't believe he's still so fast! Shouldn't he be slower, because he's so much bigger? On top of that, he's stronger now too. If he's ten times more powerful, then that means his power level is 270,000!

Luckily, he's still not as strong as me, but if I don't take this fight seriously I could be in real trouble. I fly behind him and grab him by the tail, then flip him over and kick his chin, knocking Vegeta back.

We struggle for a couple minutes. I jump between the rocks, dodging Vegeta's eye lasers and Vegeta runs straight through the mountains to get to me. If I don't do something soon, he'll get rid of all my cover.

I hide behind a boulder and put one hand above my head. I create as many small ki orbs as I can. Then, I fly up to Vegeta, avoid his hand and throw them all in his face. The explosions cover his head.

"Aargh! My eye! Damn you! I hope you enjoyed that, because it'll be the last thing you'll ever do!" Vegeta shouts as he jumps up into the air. He starts charging a huge blue ball of energy in his mouth. The light completely fills his mouth.

I suppose I should prepare an attack as well then. I put both my hands above my head, to create a huge ki attack. Once it's big enough, I compress it down until it's the size of my fist. The orb is glowing bright and on the brink of exploding from containing so much energy. I look up at Vegeta, who seems to have finished charging his attack. He sends the massive beam forward with a huge roar.

"SUPER BREATH CANNON!"

Before I send my attack, I cross my arms over my chest and double my power. "Kaioken!" Then, I let the attack release its energy in a straight line. The ki moves forward as an equally massive red blast.

"OMEGA STAR CRUSHER!"

Our attacks meet, just like his and Goku's did, and his starts to push me back. Impossible! He wasn't as strong as me when I was normal! How can he overpower me with the Kaioken activated?

"Dammit! It's taking too much effort to use this attack, I can't focus to use a higher Kaioken!" Vegeta's attack overwhelms me and hits me.

"Uh oh..."

It's like being hit by a planet. When it finally passes, I float there for a second. "Ow..." is all I can really say. My Kaioken wears off and I can now feel the real strain on my body. Exhausted, I fall to the ground. Vegeta lands in front of me.

"Haha haha! Finally, this is over! This is the end, scum! Die low class warrio-"

Shing!

I can see Vegeta's tail fall to the ground, cut off by an obese man with a sword. He lands on the ground and scurries away.

"Yagirobe! Good job!" Goku thanks him.

"Aaaaagh! My tail! No!" Vegeta yells as he shrinks back to his normal form. He floats there, breathing heavily, but he can still move, unlike us. I groan.

We're not in the clear yet.