iv - brunch

Alex pulled up to this gate way out away from the city . I couldn't help but notice the long driveway before stopping in front of a beautifully massive home . My jaw dropped slightly . I always thought my parents' place was was grand, his home puts theirs to shame . This is a whole estate , a modern castle.

"I hope this is okay? My parents are in Europe for another week so I figured that this would be private enough." He says , breaking me out of my stupor .

"Yes, this is perfect."

His door opens and he gets out first before giving me his hand . We walk up and see this nice elderly woman standing by the door , "Good evening , sir. We were surprised to hear that you were stopping by. We put out some tea and cookies in the entertainment room like you requested."

"Thank you Sara, that'll be all for tonight . I'll take care of everything else," he smiles gently at her.

"Very well, welcome home."

He leads me through the landing and into one of the many rooms that were downstairs. The entertainment room was spacious and most of all cozy . It's like a supersized version of my livingroom .

"Is this okay?" Alex asks me .

"Sure, so how should we do this? This wasn't actually my idea...." I begin nervously.

"Oh?"

"Why don't I start from the beginning and why we're here," I feel myself fluster. I can't believe I got the most sought after billionaire willing to help me out . Rumors are true about him , he really is a nice man.

After I was done telling him about Dylan, his slimy new fiance and the wedding he just sat there , quietly. I wanted to break the silence but he beat me to it. "I'm in , like I said before. So how are we going to play this up?"

○○○

I didn't get home until well past 1 am . Alex and I formulated a background story and then got to know each other a little bit more . He is nothing like the other rich men I've encountered . Definitely the opposite of every man my parents tried to set me up with before I started dating Dylan.

I told him about my upbringing . We tried to be as normal as any family would like to be, but after my father hit it big with his business normalcy was no longer something we could maintain . It was a dog eat dog world and my mother had to adjust with her new surroundings. She used to be this sweet woman, from what I remembered as a child . But now, she's about appearances . The only thing I clung to for a decent upbringing was Delilah .

Alex asked me who my father was and when I told him , he was surprised . Apparently his business and my father's are well acquainted with one another . Which led me to wonder why I hadn't run into him before . He answered my question as I was thinking it by telling me that he didn't live in the U.S. for the last few years as he traveled the world and helping the impoverished.

To say I was swooning was an understatement but one I remedied quickly as I reminded myself that Dylan started off similar , only to end up being a total jerkwad.

At the end of the evening we had our cover . At first I was going to tell Delilah but Alex convinced me that the more people believed "our" story the better. So here I am , getting ready for brunch about to introduce my family to my new boyfriend .

He picked me up but rather than come with a driver he decided that he'd take his Tesla instead . When I came down to meet him he had a smirk on his face .

"What?" I asked.

"I'm surprised that you live here , knowing that you could've had your own house," he says amused.