Part 10: A Succulent

I blush a little as I fumble with the door handle to get out of the car, before finally getting the door open and stepping out. Blair follows suit and comes around the car to me, falling into step beside me. There's a warm, happy feeling that blooms in my chest from his close proximity. I sneak a glance up at him (he's taller than me. Most people are), trying to figure out what's going on. Is this actually...? Does he...?

There almost seems to be something soft and sweet about him. Like, he seems so cool and mysterious and unflappable, but he's not, like, a bad boy. I couldn't see him hurting anyone or anything like that, not after the way he kissed me. His touch is so gentle and delicate, and all I want is to be completely enveloped in the way he makes me feel. But at the same time, it feels so unreal that he's even here. Like, how is it even possible? It's Blair Silver. He's untouchable. He's more illusion than reality. Except...

The back of his hand brushes mine, and I almost swoon. I trip instead.

His arms are around me in a second, and he's very faintly smiling. I blush under his gaze and focus on walking once he rights me.

The farmers' market is busy, but considering that it's a Saturday, it's actually pretty okay. I stick close to Blair, and when we have to navigate through a particularly dense crowd, he slips an arm around my waist. Not tightly: just firmly enough for me to know he's there (and I nearly swoon again). 

After wandering around for a while, we get lunch at one of the less busy places (he pays, even though I tell him he doesn't have to). I make a point of buying dessert, at which point I think he probably notices on my insatiable sweet tooth, though I do attempt to deny it when he asks (he doesn't fall for it). After that, we walk around for a little longer, admiring trinkets and such. There's a cute little succulent in an artistic pot that my gaze keeps getting drawn back to, and after I try- and fail- to leave the booth for probably the third time, Blair stops me and pulls out his wallet. I protest (in vain) as he buys the small plant for me.

"You didn't have to," I tell him as we finally leave the booth, starting towards the exit.

"Of course I did."

"Why?"

He just hands me the little bag containing the succulent. I try not to smile too much, but I can only hold it back for about two seconds before my grin practically splits my face in half.

"That's why," he says quietly, smiling faintly as he slips his arm around me and guides me towards his car. Of course, I immediately blush and almost trip. He keeps me upright, though, and I blush even more.

"Thank you", I murmur to him once we're on the road. I'm looking at him, but when we reach a red light and he glances at me, I quickly avert my gaze to the tiny plant in my lap. Unfortunately, I don't wait long enough to look back up, because he's still looking at me when I do. I blush and he gives me a faint smile with slight dimples.

"You're welcome." 

The rest of the drive to my house is relatively quiet, though I'm still looking at him and looking away whenever he catches me. I can't help it; admiring him is nearly impossible not to do, and it's also quite difficult not to be shy around him. He's Blair Silver. And for some reason, he just took me out. On a date. After several kisses. And he bought me a succulent because he knew it would make me smile.

He parks in front of my house, but I don't make any move to get out. He examines me for a moment, then turns a little to face me, smiling a little. I blush.

"Thank you. Like, for taking me out. On a date. I really, really enjoyed it- well, maybe not really really if that seems like too much, but I did enjoy it a lot- I enjoyed it the normal amount. However much is normal- or maybe a bit above that? I don't know, I just liked it. Like... yeah."