19 |

Klayton takes a seat to stop himself from falling in shock. His claws had retracted back into his skin, and he runs his fingers through his hair.

"Adira?" He confirms to me, shakily. "You want to bring Adira back to life?"

I had never imagined myself seeing him like this; so vulnerable. Mates truly were a weakness.

"We will," Destiny replies instead. Klayton doesn't meet her eyes, looking anywhere else but at her. There was too much history there —too much pain.

"How?" is all he asked, looking at me.

So I explained.

"We will draw on a celestial event; something powerful, like an eclipse—"

"I'm not a fool!" Klayton roars to me, causing Paxton to tense up beside him. "I know the price of bringing back the dead. There has to be death... and I want it to be her." He points a finger to my sister Destiny who trembles slightly. It was hard to notice. She looked confident on the outside, but I could easily see through her facade.

"There doesn't need to be a death, Klayton. We went to see Eleanor. It will be different this time," It was all Destiny replied, a promise, which made Klayton snarl at her. I could tell he was about to explode, so I opened my mouth. Destiny beat me to it, a rising rage filling within her.

"Adira has only been gone for a few months. My sister was gone for decades!" She hissed and took a step forward. Embry gently touched her arm but she brushed it off. "We are going to bring her back! Isn't this what you want?"

"She was my mate!" Klayton growled. "My whole life! My future!"

"Theia is my blood. Her sun is one of my stars. It's something I can't explain to you. You don't understand my family," Destiny says with tears in her eyes. I grab her hand. "If I had known there was another way, I would have done it any other way. Adira is my best friend, but Theia is my sister. The world needed her back."

"Blood isn't family, Destiny. It's the people you bleed for." Klayton shakes his head in disgust and walks up to Destiny. She holds her stance as he looks her up and down.

He spits at her feet.

"I'll work with you, to bring back Adira. But Destiny," he says as he looks into her swirling eyes. "Mark my words... I'm going to kill you."

A single tear falls down her cheek as she smiles back at him. She lets go of my hand and brings her own up to her head, tapping the side gently.

"You won't."

~

"Theia?" A hesitant voice says from behind me.

Destiny and Embry were staring at charts — trying to determine when the next celestial event would be. It had to be soon; Klayton's patience would be wearing thin and before anyone knows it, he could kill us.

He was going crazy without his mate, Adira, and there wasn't anything we could do to stop the insanity that was itching to come out of him.

Klayton was in the corner of the room, he had on reading glasses and was sorting through about a dozen spellbooks. His eyes were scanning every line so delicately; he flipped through the pages with haste. He was trying to find the perfect spell to claim Embry's magic.

I turn around at the voice, who repeated himself, knowing whom it belonged to.

My mate.

"It's nice to meet you," I smile and bring my hand out. My eyes look into his own, getting lost in the rich colour of green. The smile lines beside his eyes make me think of his perfect smile, which makes my own grow.