Kabanata 32

Kabanata 32

"Good morning, Miss Cabrera." The Receptionist offered me a perfunctory smile.

She handed me my security key card for Etienne's office. I was currently at the Philippines headquarters of EIJE Inc.

I smiled back at her upon receiving the key card. Dumiretso na ako sa isang glass elevator para pumunta sa top floor. I notice that the employees gave way and allowed me to ride the elevator alone but I insisted that I didn't need that much space. Kaya naman ngayon ay dinadaldal ko sila para matanggal ang takot nila saakin.

"Ma'am, ang bait niyo po talaga. Swerte po sa inyo si Sir Etienne." A bubbly employee praised me. I only gave a small smile.

Upon arriving at the top floor, I can't help but admire the refined minimalistic interior of this whole building. I'm always amaze every time I visit the headquarters, may dulot din pala ang pagiging maarte ni Etienne.

I swiped my key card at the glass door and it automatically opened for me. Kitang kita ko si Etienne na nakabusangot habang kausap ang kanyang sekretarya.

If Helen of Troy can make a thousand ship sail because of her beauty, Etienne can make the ships wrecked themselves because of his face. He really aged well. He always looked too mature compare to his actual age, pero gano'n pa man ay isip bata pa rin siya para sa akin.

The side of my lips lifted as I traipsed inside his office.

When I noticed that someone aside from him and his secretary was there, I immediately composed myself.

"Hi, love." I greeted Etienne. Agad siyang napalingon saakin at ngumisi.

"Hello, love." Etienne stood up and approach me to give me a small kiss on my cheeks.

"Oh my!" the woman who was with them was giggling. "How I wished the both of you would settle down already."

Etienne shrugged. "Arrisea's busy with her cooking show. I'm also trying to develop a new AI, I don't think we have the time to prepare for that."

"Good morning, Tita Ellise." I went to her direction. Bumeso ako sa kanya.

Ellise Soteiro immediately gave me a warm hug. Her aristocrat aura contrasts her inner nature. Hindi ko nga alam paano 'to naging ina ni Etienne, she is an angel in human's clothing.

"I can't wait to be a Lola!" She was almost jumping in joy. "Galingan mo kasi, Etienne! Napakabagal! Try and try until she's buntis!"

Nabilaukan ako sa sarili kong laway at nakita ko naman ang pilit na ngiti ni Etienne.

Tumikhim naman ang sekretarya ni Etienne. I chuckled because of the gesture.

"I have to go now, I was just worried that Etienne is over working himself." Tita Ellise said, giving out a sigh. "What will happen to him if he doesn't have you, Arrisea?"

"Hindi naman po. I'll make sure of it." I assured her. Ngumiti lang siya sa akin bago magpaalam saamin na kailangan na niyang umalis dahil meron pa siyang pupuntahang event sa golf.

Para kaming nabunutan ng tinik sa dibdib nang marinig namin ang pagsara ng pintuan nang tuluyan na siyang makalabas.

"Etienne, umamin ka na nga!" singhal ko sa kanya.

Prente lang siyang umupo sa swivel chair niya habang naglalaro ng rubik's cube gamit ng isang kamay. He made a smaller version of it and treat it as his stress reliever.

Nagpakuha siya ng wet wipes sa sekretarya niya. He wiped his lips and immediately throw the wipes on the trashbin. Disgust was written all over his face.