Chapter 7 - Did It Hurt?

I'm currently pissed.

Like extremely fucking pissed.

I get irrationally angry at times and this is one of those times.

First, I woke up to a bucket of ice cold water being thrown on me by my supposed best friend.

Second, Wyatt told me he isn't gonna be at school today.

Third, dad wasn't able to drive the twins to school, so I had to.

Lastly, people on the road are absolute fucking morons who don't know the first thing about driving. I also didn't get my coffee. It's only 8:30 and I have had to resist punching a wall six times already. I'm not gonna be nice today.

The bell rings, the sound loud and annoying. I grumble to myself as I walk away, Ava and Alden following silently behind me. Ava mentions how math is her favorite, which sparks an argument between her and Alden, idiots. We get to math a little late and Mrs. Laygo glares at us. I glare right back. She sighs, a clear sign of defeat and continues with her lesson.

As I start to fish in my locker for my Skittles I feel a presence behind me. I turn around with a glare and come face to chest with Issac, who has a shit-eating grin in his face.

Not gonna lie, it's kinda cute.

"May I help you with something?" I ask.

"Yes actually, I wanted to ask you something." As he talks his boyish grin keeps getting bigger.

Again. Cute.

I gesture for him to keep talking and he clears his throat before talking, "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

Oh, this sweet poor innocent soul.

"No, sorry, I climbed my way up from hell." I feign sadness. His face goes blank but then that shit-eating grin is back.

"So that's why you're so fucking hot." At his words, I do the one thing that I've never done in my entire life.

I blushed.

I fucking blushed.

"Fuck off." He tips a fake hat, winks, and walks away.

And like that my anger is gone.

I look to my left and see the Populars walking towards me.

And like that my anger is back.

"Nope. Nope. Not today. I am not dealing with you guys today. Nope. Nu-uh. No thanks." I put my hand up and walk past them.

Exactly two hours later I walk out of class to be greeted by shouting coming from the end of the hall. I recognize the voices as Jared, or course, and one of my "friends" Miles. Miles is considered what some people say, a delinquent. He's probably my closest school-friend. He's the least irritating.

Oh goddammit.

Why the hell do these fuckers feel the need to aggravate me every damn day.

I walk over to the pair, where it looks like fists are going to start flying, and everyone's eyes go straight to me. The boys see my look, hesitate, and then keep arguing. Dumb asses. I shake my head in disappointment and stepping closer to the baboons. I grab both of their ears and start dragging them away.

Jared tries to grab my hand but I stop him, "If you even dare bring your hand any closer, I will break your fucking wrist."

He immediately puts his hand down and silently walks. For me, this is a moment of ultimate power. I mean, a 5'5" girl manhandling two 6 foot tall men, this doesn't happen very often.

"Alright, who wants to tell me who or what the hell the argument was about." It wasn't a question.

"Uh....well....you know..." Jared stumbles over his words, rubbing the back of his neck. I quirk an eyebrow.

"Ok so I'm just going to say this quickly because you'll probably beat both of our asses if I don't. Here I go, I was standing at my locker talking to my friend when The Douche and his posse walked over to us. They're always looking for goddamn trouble. Jared comes and starts making dumbass comments, which was a dick move. So we got angry and then started passing insults. Things got more heated and we were going to start fighting until your short little ass stopped us." He talks really fast. I ignore his comment on my height and glare at him.

"Well it's because you're a slimy bitch." Jared comments rather sassily.

"Oh I'm gonna beat your ass." Miles starts to take a step forward but I stop him.

"No you're not." I tell him.

"No I'm not." He squeaks. He literally fucking squeaks.

"Alright, if either of you fucking do one more thing to piss me off I will knock both of you on your asses and make sure neither of you get up." They nod and run off.

I start walking off and I see my fucking brother, who doesn't even go to this shit school, chatting it up with some guys.

I heavily sigh and walk in his direction.