𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌

────── ☼ ☼ ☼ ──────

What felt like an eternity passed of Rylee and Morgan sharing laughs and telling stories with their families and the three teens from the Isle. Everyone had smiles on their faces and the girls couldn't remember the last time they were this happy. It wasn't long after that when Ben and Mal walked over with his parents to join their conversation. The princesses instantly introduced Mal to their parents, who instantly started questioning the purple-haired girl about how Ben was treating her. Rylee and Morgan soon sensed the discomfort radiating off the couple, so they decided to save the day again by suggesting they play a game of croquet.

Carlos, Roland, and Rudy began running around the field with Dude while everyone else went to prepare for the game. It wasn't long after that when Ben, Jay, and Elliot went to meet up with Doug to play together. Rylee stayed back with Evie to talk to Rapunzel, Merida, and Belle while Mal went to join a game with Morgan, Eugene, Ryan, and Adam. Rylee thought it was nice to have a simple conversation for once that didn't consist of Tourney or Auradon's future. Instead, they were talking about what the two girls wanted to do when they graduated from Auradon Prep. Even though the Fitzherbert girl's future was already set in stone, it was nice to see how excited Evie got when she heard about all the options after high school.

Their pleasant conversations and games were soon interrupted by a shout cutting through the air. Everyone instantly stopped what they were doing and turned their attention in the direction of the voice. What Rylee saw next made her blood run cold. Mal was standing on the other side of the field across from a smug-looking Audrey, who was holding her distressed grandmother's hands. The Fitzherbert girl exchanged a look with Morgan before they followed Ben, Evie, Jay, and Carlos toward the chaos in the making.

"How are you here?" Queen Leah questioned as Rylee, Evie, and Morgan stood a bit behind Mal for support while the older woman looked over at the purple-haired girl, "and how have you stayed so young?"

"Queen Leah, it's okay. Maleficent is still on the island. This is her daughter, Mal," Ben reassured Audrey's grandmother after walking over to her with Jay and Carlos right behind him. As soon as he was close enough, he placed his arm protectively around Mal's shoulders. The four from the Isle, the future king, and his two advisors didn't move an inch as they watched Chad and Pete take Queen Leah's other side. The two groups just stared at each other in silence for a long moment before a somewhat forced smile appeared on Ben's face. "Don't you remember my proclamation to give the new generation a chance?"

"A chance to what, Ben? Destroy us?" Leah retaliated, causing Evie, Jay, and Carlos to stiffen.

Rylee and Morgan quickly exchanged an irritated look before they turned their attention back to the situation at hand. When their eyes fell back on Audrey's grandmother, they found her looking around at the crowd for support. Audrey's smug look soon transformed into an unreadable expression while Chad and Pete just stared at the group in front of them with disdain in their eyes.