3

Violet's POV~

"Lisa, get me a cup of coffee." I asked my assistant over the call, work is taking a toll on me, past few days were hectic with busy work schedules and visiting the construction sites. Right now I have file work piled up on my desk with absolutely zero energy left in me. Moreover I am having a sharp headache developing. I sat on my chair holding my head between my hands.

"Mam, your coffee." Lisa said as she placed the coffee on my desk.

"Thank you, Lisa." I said dismissing her.

The bitter sweet taste of the coffee gave a instant relief to my headache. I closed my laptop deciding to take a short break for few minutes to relax. I walked around my spacious office to loosen my muscles as I had been seated in my chair for hours now. I looked out at the busy streets of Paris and the Eiffel tower from the large glass windows of my office. Walking towards the bookshelf in the corner, I took out a random book to read. As I opened the book, the nostalgic smell of the papers reminded me of my college days which I spent mostly in the library, the place where I gained most of my knowledge and the place where I met Evander for the first time.

I was coming out of the library after borrowing some books to read, when a bunch of guys rushed past me making me stumble and drop the books on the floor clumsily. I was picking up the books when I heard a husky voice beside me.

"Hey, I think this is your book." The voice said as a hand holding a book came into my view.

I raised my head only to see a pair of chocolate brown eyes that belonged to a handsome person staring at me in amusement. He was looking just like the prince Charming of the Fairytales I read everyday with the lean muscular body and messy black hair. I grabbed my book from his hand.

"My name is Evander." He said forwarding his hand. I was too afraid and shy to speak with strangers. And talking and shaking hand with such a handsome hunk? I don't want to make fool of myself by staring at him again like a hormonal teenager.

"Okay." I said and ran away from him clutching my books tight.

The whole day I spent thinking about Evander. He was handsome with good looks but a girl like me can never have a famous boy like Evan. Moreover me growing interest on him will only distract my focus on the studies and in the end, he will not be mine anyways. So, I thought it's better not to think about him.

A few days passed and I got to see Evan frequently. Sometimes waving at me, sometimes trying strike a conversation with me. But I tried my best to remain unnoticed by him but Almighty didn't bless me with the power of Invisibility and Evan used to find me somehow. I ignored his advances and used to run away from him until one day.

I was running away from Evan, when I saw him waving at me in the canteen. I was in a hurry that I didn't notice the person in front of me. And when I noticed it was too late that I collided with him, spilling the coffee on him.

"You stupid girl, can't you see. You spoiled my shirt." The guy shouted making me flinch.

"I am sorry." I apologized meekly.

"Sorry? You spoiled my favourite shirt! What's the use of those glasses when you can't see properly even when you are wearing them? " The guy said taking away my glasses and dropping them on the floor.

It was hard for me to see clearly without my glasses and the broken sound of glass was heard followed by a series of evil laughs making the tears pool up in my eyes.

Tears flowed down my cheeks as I took a step away from the boys only to collide into another hard body. Even with my blurred vision, I recognized the person; Evander.