5

Evander~

I boarded the plane to Paris. Looking out of the plane's window I observed, the sky was pitch black, just like the day, I planned to make Violet confess her, in front of my friends.

My Cricket finals were two days away from the present day, which meant I had only two days to complete my dare. Even though I had been trying to make Violet fall in love with me to prove Lucas wrong. Somewhere in my heart I felt guilty about it. In these four months I grew close to Violet. Tomorrow's Violet's birthday and I thought of giving her a surprise and later I would utter those three words once again and I was sure that this time she would reciprocate. I planned a surprise for her in my farm house that was situated amidst of the woods and I also called our teammates to reach there to watch, Violet utter those three magical words that makes me win the dare.

I was carrying Violet towards the farm house, it was situated deep in the woods and the way to reach it was narrow and covered with trees, so we had to walk a few feet to reach it. Violet wrapped her arms around my neck and laid her head against my chest, she felt light like a feather and her face was serene and beautiful in the moonlight.

"Evan." Violet called as I was walking carrying her in my arms.

"Hmmm.. "

"You know what, I am afraid of darkness from my childhood. But with you, I am not feeling any fear because I know you will be there to protect me from all the evils. You asked me to trust you, but believe me, I trust you more than anyone. You are the first guy after my father and brother, I could trust blindly. I never thought I would be this comfortable with any guy but with you I feel different. I know you will never hurt me, because you are different from all those guys out there. You are kind and even if you don't show your emotions deep down you still care for others even if they try to harm you. The girls of my class say that you can be happy if the guy you love is handsome and rich but whenever I see you, Its not your looks or money that attracts me its your beautiful soul that makes me fall for you. I am happy to find a beautiful soul like you, Evander." Violet said and something inside me broke.

I was trying to hurt a innocent soul for a stupid dare. That moment I realized that at some point of time, I fell in love with her and I was too stubborn to acknowledge it. I couldn't do this, I couldn't break Violet's trust and break her heart.

I placed her on her feet as we reached inside the farm house.

"Evan, I wanted to tell you this from a few days," Violet said and I know what she was going to say and I don't want her to confess her feelings now, In front of my friends. I don't want to win this dare, for the first time in my life I wanted to fail.

"Shh... Don't say anything." I said keeping my index finger against her soft lips. "Stay here until I come back and remember I will be always be here to protect you." I kissed her forehead and walked outside to call my friends.

"Hello Ron."

"Evan, we are on the way to your farm house, will be reaching there soon to see your victory." Ron said in a confident tone.

"No, you guys go back. I changed the plan, and I will explain it to you guys later." I said and disconnected the call.

I went back inside the farm house where Violet was standing silently in the middle of the room. I went and hugged her from the back at first she jumped in fear and later when she realised, it was me she relaxed leaning against me.

"Ready for the surprise? " I whispered in her ear, inhaling her feminine scent, she smelled like lavender and fresh wood.

she nodded.

I unwrapped her blindfold and she gasped looking at the decorations in front of her.

The room was decorated with flowers, fairy lights and balloons with a cake in the middle that has Happy Birthday Violet, written on it.

"Happy Birthday, Vi." I said kissing her temple and resting my chin on her shoulder.

She turned around and hugged me. And I hugged her back she fitted right in my arms.

"Thank You, Evan. I love it." Violet said with tears of joy.

"Don't cry, it's your birthday. Come on let's cut the cake." I said wiping her tears with my fingers.

She cut the cake and fed me and I did the same. We layed down amidst of the flowers and balloons with Violet resting her head on my arm.

"Evan." Violet called and I hmmed with my eyes closed enjoying the moment with my new found love.

"I love you." Violet said making me open my eyes.

"I Love you more than anything, Vi." I said pulling her closer and kissing her lips as she wrapped her hands around my neck pulling me closer.

"Tomorrow is my cricket match finals." I said as we were driving back to Violet's dormitory. "And I want you to be there to watch the match, while I play." I said linking my fingers with her and raising her hand to kiss.

"I never saw a live match and I don't know anything about cricket. But I will come to watch you play." Violet said smiling beautifully.

We reached near her dormitory and she got down the car.

"Good Night, Evan."

"Good Night, Love." I said hugging her, "Sleep well." I said and she blushed making me pull her cheeks.

"Ouch, Evan. That hurts." She said rubbing her cheeks.

"Now, it will be Ok." I said kissing her cheek.

She ran away blushing making me laugh at her antics.

The announcement of the pilot stating that we are about to land in Paris was heard and I fastened my belt. Soon I landed in Paris and checked into the business suite, that my assistant booked for me in one of the famous hotels.

"Hello Mom, I reached Paris and relaxing in my suite." I told my mom.

"Evan, since you are getting married this weekend, your dad and I thought we should come to Paris to supervise the arrangements."

"Okay Mom, I will ask Reena to arrange the flight." I said rubbing my forehead.

"We already made all the arrangements, Evan. I just called to inform you, and Jessica called earlier asking for you, she was worried that you are not taking her calls. Evan, I know you are not happy about this marriage but please try to speak with Jessica may be you both could be happy in future." My mom tried to convince me.

"Okay, Mom. I will call her later, right now, I have to prepare the presentation for my meeting tomorrow. Bye Mom." I said and disconnected the call.

I can't marry, Jessica. I have to cancel this marriage by all means. Alex still didn't find any clue about Serpens' that can stop the wedding.

I have to find Violet, it's been almost two years since I last saw her. And I don't have any idea about her whereabouts.

What a mess.