37

Dion's POV:

"I can't look!" Jocelyn whines loudly as she covered her eyes before slamming her face in my chest, "I just can't!" Her dramatics brought a smile to my lips as my own laughter filled the air. Not once did my eyes leave the screen as I watched the demon girl crawling on all fours towards the camera, "Babe she's coming closer.." My voice wobbles as I feign fear, making Jocelyn grip to me tighter. "Wait she disappeared.." I mumble softy and watch as Jocelyn peeks up at the screen, "She's go-" "Oh shit!" I fake jump and watch her scream as she hid her face back in my chest, her hands gripping the hell out of my shirt. 

I couldn't help but laugh louder as she angrily slapped my chest, "Stop doing that!" She whines before grabbing the remote, pausing right before the actual jump scare.

"You're done choosing the movies from now on! All you do is pick scary stuff you know that I can't w-" My phone cut her off as it began to ring loudly from the coffee table. I sigh and grab it but only to see a weird number, "Ion know them." I cancel the call and plop my phone back down before turning back to Jocelyn who nosily looked at my phone, "Lemme answer it next time." She smiles innocently and I nod my head, "It's prolly one of them spam calls, babe. Ain't nobody I know calling me at-" I check the time, "Three in the morning." She shrugs her shoulders, "Then I'll scare them away so they can't bother you again." Her doe eyes sparkled as she reached for my phone, just in time for it to go off again.

"Dion's girl. Who's this?" She answers smoothly and her smile instantly drops. She passes the phone to me, irritation all over her face, "Here." I give her a confused look as she crosses her arms, "That bitch from before." She snaps and my brows furrow as I take the phone and bring it to my ear, "Hello?"

"Good to see you can actually pick up the damn phone.. And that lil girl better be gone." She scoffs and I stand up, "That's my baby, so watch ya mouth." I snap and watch Jocelyn smile brightly from the couch, "And why you callin me at three? You tryna get me in trouble or sumn? " I could hear a sigh on the other end, "Why you scared ya girl is gonna leave you?.. Shame." She nonchalantly blows it off. "She ain't goin nowhere now what do you want." I snap and could hear a soft giggle from her side, Can your old friend Rachel not call you? I mean we haven't spoken in mo-" "Cut the shit." I could feel my frustration growing just by hearing her voice alone.

"Boss wants to see you now." Her goofy attitude switched as she became serious, "Your target is moving tomorrow and you won't get the chance so come to his house instead for the details.. We don't have much time and you're the only one who can do it." She spoke in a hushed voice and I could feel my stomach dropping.

Leave Jocelyn alone?

I look down at my baby in the couch, wrapped up in all her blankets as her big brown eyes watched me carefully. I reach down and gently massage her head, feeling her lean into my hand, "I ain't doin it. I said I'm done with that work and I mean it.. Last time was too much and I'm not taking my chances." I listen to her sigh, "Boss ain't too keen on that.. I don't want someone you love getting hurt by him.. and neither do you." Her voice dropped at the end before the phone cut off.

Rage filled every pore and cell in my body as I thought of anyone touching a single hair on my baby.

Who the fuck does that man think he is to be able to touch her?! He shouldn't even know she fucking exists!

"U-Um Dion?" Her little voice peeped up and I look down at her worried filled eyes, "Yes baby?" Her chubby cheeks became pink as she reached up to grab my hand out of her hair, "You were gripping my hair.." She mumbled slowly and I frown, "I'm sorry.. I'm just angry.." I soften my tone and watch her nod her head as a smile made its way back on her face, "I know.. What happened?" My mouth felt dry as my mind reeled for an answer.

"I'm getting called in from a boss that's a big spender at the company and he needs to meet with me soon to discuss business deals." I smoothly cover and watch her nod her head, "And why are you mad? Isn't that good?" She gently pulls me back down onto the couch before laying her cheek on my shoulder. I sigh softly, "Not exactly.. I have to leave you alone and it might be for the day.." I mumble and watch her nod her head slowly, "I'll be okay, babe. I was alone before I met you and I think I did okay." I smiled down at her before planting a kiss on her forehead, "I know baby.. You did good." She looked so confident in herself and I know damn well I'm not going to ruin it.

"But Are you sure? Because I'll stay and deal with it later or never." I gently grab her hand and she nods her head, pulling me back down to the couch with her, "I'm not a baby. I'll be okay." Her soft lips pressed against my cheek, making a smile spread on my lips, "Okay.. I'll trust in you this time but you ain't getting rid of me again." I wrap my arm around her waist as I bring her into my chest, "And if you ain't a baby, then let's finish this movie." I grab the remote only for it to be taken from me, her grubby hands squeezing it, "Heck no! I get to pick a movie to sleep to because I'm not having nightmares." She cuts the movie off quickly and moves to the cartoon movies.