39

JOCELYN POV:

The wind was vicious against my cheeks as I walked down the sidewalk. Every step more tiring than the last as I felt my nose turn cold and red, "One more block." I mumble to myself as I pick up the pace as the familiar store comes into view.

"Yes!" I sigh softly as my feet step though the doors. I look around until my eyes fall on the snack aisle. I make haste as I go over and start sorting though the snacks, struggling to decide which one, "Sweet or salty?.. Maybe sour.. I didn't know they even sold this flavor!" I gasp softly as I pick up the bag of only peach flavored gummies.

"Mind blowing ain't it?" An unfamiliar voice spoke up and i look to see a woman with red hair and dark skin. Her eyes watched me carefully as she stepped closer, "Pass me the chips." She points to the barbecue chips and I nod my head before grabbing it for her, "Y-Yeah.. I'm not from here.. So I kinda lost my head for a moment." I laugh softly and she hums before opening the bag and taking a chip out, crunching it slowly.

"You seem like cool peoples." She speaks again and steps closer,"We should hang out." My eyes widened, "Me?" She looked me up and down one last time before nodding her head and shoving another chip in her mouth. My heart was beating wildly as as my head nodded, the thought of a new friend making my tummy full of butterflies.

"She could be my first real friend since Alicia didn't work out.." I look her up and down quickly as she crunches her chips, crumbs all over her face. She wore a black sweatsuit and a nice pair of sneakers as her red hair was thrown up in a messy too bun.

I like her. :)

"You good?" She leans in and my cheeks burned as I slightly leaned away, "I-I'm okay." I give her a nervous smile as she looked me up and down once again. She nodded,"Good. Let's go." She grabs my arm and quickly pulls me out of the store. "I didn't get to pay!" I hold up my snack bags and she waves me off, "I know the owner. He won't care." I frown gently and huff softly, "Can I stop at my place, at least?.. I need to grab some winter clothes if we are gonna be out." I pull against her arm and she stops walking. She frowned for a moment before she nodded her head, "Actually, why don't we just chill there? I think that's a cool vibe." She cooly responded and I felt my cheeks warming as she looked down at me. I nod my head quickly and she took the lead once again, her hand coming down to grab mine.

My eyes widen as I looked up at her, "O-Oh okay." I mumble softly and she gives me a side eye, her eyes cold yet calculating before she sighed softly and squeezed my hand tighter, "Speed it up, shorty." Her long legs made her look even more like an Amazon as I sped up my pace. I was a second away from jogging at this point, "I-I'm trying! Why don't you slow down?" I whine and she huffs softly, before slowing slightly, "Because my feet hurt and I wanna chill with you." My cheeks burned again as my eyes moved to the ground, "Oh.. I can speed up then." I squeeze her hand before rushing ahead until the familiar building came into view.

"It's that one!" I point to it and she follows my finger before she nods, "Nice place ya got." I nod my head and smile up at her, earning a curious look from her. The walk was silent as we occasionally sneaked little glances at each other which only made my heart nervously beat faster and her hand squish mines tighter. We stoped at the elevator and I pull a napkin out my pocket before pressing the button. I hear a soft scoff behind me and I look up at her, "Dont laugh.. it's not funny." I couldn't help my pout as the corners of her lips lifted up slightly, "It is.. Now go on." I send her a little glare before stepping in the elevator and watching her follow.

I pressed the floor button before stepping back and putting my hands behind my back, swaying gently as she watched me. My stomach did a little flip as our eyes caught and I quickly diverted my eyes to the floor as I stopped swaying, "Sorry." I mumble and she hums softly. The elevator doors opened with a soft ding and we quietly stepped out.