Part 22

Both Khushi and Arnav stiffen on hearing this. They look at each other and then down. They simultaneously tighten their grips on each other hands, as if saying I am with you.

Arnav "No,di" in a stern voice, and rushes to take the phone from her. He disconnects the call.

Anjali and everyone look at him in surprise.

He immediately softens his tone "I was thinking of giving him a surprise. Let him think it's only Akash and Payal's wedding."

Akash "yes di. It would be fun. He leaves you and travels so much that half the time he misses out on all that is going on at home.Let him see what he has missed out this time."

Arnav mentally thanks Akash for coming up with this idea. He did not want him to know that Khushi was getting married till the last minute. He was afraid that he might do something to harm her.

NK "yes di it would be fun" Anjali grudgingly agrees.

Nani "Madhumati ji , Garima ji , Manorma,you all come with me to my room, we have to discuss a feew things for tomorrow."

She gestures all to accompany her to her room. Mamaji goes along with them. They all leave. Khushi and Arnav are standing together.

Anjali , Akash,Payal and NK exchange glances and start walking towards them. Khushi takes a step back and collides with Arnav. He puts his hands on her shoulders to steady her, and rest his one hand on her shoulders.

All of them together " hmmmmm"

Arnav "hmmmm, what"

Akash "Khushi ji,you turned out to be a black horse. We kept thinking that bhai is so rude to you where as the two of you were cooking your own brew."

Anjali "ara akash, now you understand why he always did what Khushiji asked him to. Whenever we tried convincing him about something he would get angry and the moment Khushiji would say the same thing, it would be done immediately. Remember your sangeet also took place because Khushiji convinced him."

Arnav "di ...."

Anjali "What di?" in mock anger, imitating him.

NK "Khushiji, you did not do the right thing by saying Yes to him so quickly. You could atleast have given me one hearing before giving your consent to him, afterall I had come to your house at 12.00 to wish you new year".

Arnav pulls Khushi towards him and tightens his grip on her shoulders "NK, stop flirting with Khushi, she is going to be your Bhabhi" in anger.

NK "would be bhabhi, you see the marriage has still not taken place. I still have 24 hours, no actually 28 hours to convince her otherwise. What do you say Khushiji" he grins at Khushi.

Arnav "NK you" angrily.

Akask "its ok NK bhai. Don't you see how Bhai gets worked up every time anyone talks about his Khushiji. Oh oh bhai now I see why you had gone to Khushiji house on New Year Eve, to see her face first thing at 12.00. well well well."

Arnav surprised that Akash was saying this "Akash you also had gone, and don't forget I had to come there because of you and you silly antics."

Everyone " ohh really" , they start laughing.

Arnav removes his hand from Khushi's shoulders.

Anjali "Ok so all my brothers had gone to the Gupta house to wish them New year at 12.00, and I thought my brothers are so innocent, sleeping in their beds like obedient children. So Chote you had gone to see Khushi."

Khushi blushes at this. "Khushiji stop blushing now, you'll get ample time to blush afterwards".

Akash "What was it that the dance teacher had said about blushing, oh! oh. Yes leave it for the honeymoon."

Khushi turns red and tries to escape from there. She turns around to go but bangs her head onto Arnav's chest. She thought that he had moved when he had removed his hand but he was right behind her. He holds her to steady her.

Khushi looks up at him in anger "I'll kill you for this" she mutters in his chest.

Arnav hears it and smiles. This angers her further and she steps back.

Payal "please stop embarrassing and teasing my little sister."

Khushi looks at Payal to rescue her.

Akash "why, wasn't she doing the same thing a few days back"

Anjali "Akash , ask Payalji to take our side, after all her marriage was fixed first."

They all laugh looking at the discomfort of both.

"I think we have had enough of this teasing, lets go and plan for tomorrow. Khushi also starts relaxing. Arnav had finally moved and was sitting on one of the sofas. Everyone sits on the sofas and starts discussing about tomorrow.

Khushi is about to sit on the sofa near NK, when Anjali says "are Khusiji you go and sit near Chote. Let us also see how you two look when you are not fighting, because till now we have seen you only with loggerheads."

Khushi does not want to sit near him, but is left with no option so goes and sits besides him. She felt relieved that he was not touching her anymore, but inside she felt deprived of the warmth of his hands on her shoulders.

They were all discussing the preparations when Khushi shouts "Oh no!"

Many more happy returns of the day to my favorite actor Barun aka ASR.