Part 6

Past...

This was not an ordinary day for young Sam. She was finally asked to help in the packhouse. Packhouse! Where her biggest crush is staying. She was so excited about it. She woke up early to help on the chores on the Omega house and then went to school like other youth in the pack. Everyone were given equal opportunity to grow in the Crescent Wolf Pack.  None was treated badly except those who go against their laws. The only difference is the job they do according to their rank. The Alpha and his family were treated with utmost respect. Same goes with the Beta , Gamma and other high ranking wolves. Most wolves were trained to protect the pack. They are bound to this duties which left the Omegas for servant jobs. They are not as strong as other wolves so they were not asked to participate in the training. Everyone are expected to do their part for the sake of the whole pack.

Samantha is a smart girl. But she stayed low profile at school because being under the spot light is not her thing. She'd rather watch quietly on a corner than talk in front of the class. 

Infatuated teenage girls screamed at the approaching young  Lloyd, who is also the only child of the present Alpha. it's a normal scene everyday having girls screaming his name. He never even bothered to smile to anyone except to his friends. The future Beta Zion Christoff Garcia and future Gamma Jake Campton.  Zion pretended covering his ears while Jake just rolled his eyes. He playfully punched them and both acted like they got hurt. The three walked awat smiling.They were all good looking young men. Lloyd is just more famous to the girls.Who would care to argue? He is the next Alpha! He was into sports and doing good on academics too. He is every girls dream. Not to mention that he never dated any girl on campus. Most conclude that he was waiting for the one. His mate.

Sam is one of them but she kept her feelings to herself. She was too shy to tell  anyone of her secret. But no secret will definitely stay hidden forever.

After class, Sam went home in a hurry. She doesn't wanna be late for work at the packhouse.  Today is the day that she will finally help in the packhouse. The Alpha of the Silver Moon pack will visit for a friendly meeting . She took a quick shower and changed to look presentable  before heading to the packhouse. The kitchen was busy when she arrived. 

"Oh there you are!"It was Mrs. McKnight. Sam smile at the older womanwhile wearing her apron. She helped prepare a sumptuous meal for thei guest. 

The Alpha with his family, the Beta, Gamma and other high ranking wolves of the pack were all present. It's a dinner with the Alpha and his men of an allied pack.  Everybody are making amicable conversation. Genuine friendship between the two pack was obvious.

Sam was still there though it was getting late. Mrs. McKnight gave her the permission to go back in the Omega house when she's done helping in the kitchen because she needed to sleep and attend her classes in the morning. She insisted on staying and helping in anyway she can. Now the dinner was over and everybody were just busy with their conversation.  Sam stood on a corner where she could be hidden from any eyes and still get a good view of Lloyd.  He is exactly the boy in her dreams. She thought she was careful enough that no one will notice that she was looking at him. She was busy daydreaming and didn't notice a pair of eyes watching her.  someone clear his throat. She turn around to see who it was. She blushed when she realize it was Jake. He was leaning on the wall looking at the direction of her vision before he made himself notice. Sam bit her lower lips and lower her eyes on embarrassment.  Jake smile and slowly walk towards Lloyd and Zion's direction. But when he reach her spot he stopped and whispered without looking at her. 

"Sweet little kitten, ogling at Lloyd are you?" And walked away from her as if nothing happen.  Sam watched till Jake reach and sat  beside them. He said something which made the two laugh. Her heart pounded harder.She thought Jake told them she was secretly looking at Lloyd which made them burst with laughter. She was all red when she enter the kitchen. She left and avoided the three young males after that incident. Even at school. She hated herself for being so obvious.