【04】

He was wrong. It was bad.

The Club Taehyun took them to was apparently the same Club that Soobin and his co-workers were at. And the younger had spotted him right away. Which was why they were now standing in a corner, with Soobin glaring at him in what appeared to be disappointment.

What he was disappointed about, Yeonjun wasn't sure. He used to be able to read the younger so well, but now... he barely knew him at all. Maybe he never did.

"You seriously followed me here?!" Soobin exclaimed.

"I didn't!" Yeonjun defended. "Taehyun took me here!"

"Is that why you got all dressed up like... that." The younger's brows furrowed and Yeonjun wondered if the younger was disgusted with his look.

His eyes narrowed into slits at his boyfriend. "It's not like you were going to be home anyway," he retorted, scoffing.

Soobin clenched his teeth. "I told you, this had been planned for weeks!"

"And that's fine with me." Yeonjun could play the nonchalant game too. "You stick with your friends and I'll stick with mine."

Without another word, he walked past his boyfriend, making sure to lightly brush their shoulders too, for effect.

He spent the next hour, sitting at the bar and staring into his glass of beer, taking tentative sips. Taehyun, Beomgyu, and Kai had disappeared into the crowd of dancers.

What was he even doing there? What was the point?

If he was supposed to forget about his neglectful boyfriend for a few hours, then it obviously backfired because he was somewhere in this room, having fun, surrounded by women and men who obviously wanted his attention.

"I should just go home," he said to himself out loud.

"That would be a shame. I was hoping to get to know you, handsome."

Yeonjun turned his head to tell that person to just leave him alone. Next to him was a man whom he could only describe as a handsome prince looking back at him. No, seriously, the guy looked regal. He was tan, with large brown eyes that sparkled, a high pointed-nose,  and slender lips.

The guy smiled, flirtatiously at him, revealing a set of pearly white teeth. He held his hand out to Yeonjun. "Chan," he introduced. "You?"

"Um... Yeonjun." He slipped his hand into Chan's and the other guy lifted it to his lips, planting a small kiss.

Yeonjun turned red and tried to gently take his hand back without being rude.

"So, Yeonjun-shii" Chan perched himself on the stool next to Yeonjun. "What brought you here tonight if you were going to go home anyway?"

Yeonjun sighed, he seemed to be doing that a lot lately. "It's a long story," he answered before taking a sip of his beer, cringing slightly at the bitter taste... like his love life.

Chan shrugged. "I have all night. I'm here with some work friends but I don't mind chatting with you for a bit."

His head must have been fuzzy because the next thing he knew, he was lamenting his boyfriend woes to this stranger who looked on and listened, sympathetically. Before he knew it, he was on his third glass of beer and he was feeling fuzzy.

The stranger was a good conversationalist, he had to admit. He told funny stories, made Yeonjun laugh, and even complimented him, saying that his boyfriend must be blind if he could resist him in that outfit.

Which was probably why he didn't protest when this stranger... Chan... led him out onto the dance floor, twirling him around and swaying with him.

Yeonjun was the best dancer, but not when he is feeling fuzzy.  But, hey, he could bounce to a beat! And for a while, he was really starting to have fun with Chan. He didn't even mind when the other wrapped an arm around his waist, bringing him closer.