Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Burger

"I miss eating these kind of food." I clapped my hands as I watch Apollo take out the food that we bought in a drive tru of a fast-food chain.

I eagerly took a fries and dump it my my already craving mouth. I let out a soft moan as the salty and greasy taste of the famous fried potato melts in my mouth. 

I grabbed next the burger with an extra-extra mayonaise because there is no ketchup, I'm allergic to it. Each bite of the burger was an ecstacy of flavors. I am happily eating when I notice that Apollo has been silent the whole time. I look at him but quickly regretting it.

He's looking at me in a weird way again.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" nilunok ko ang kinakain ko kasabay ng paglunok ko sa nang-yari kanina. Shame on me! Remind me again why I hug him back?

"What?" he ask. He shifted his seat angle and face me completely. I gave him horrified look as he did that.

"What are you doing? Stop. Don't give me that look." I warn him. He just supply me a devilish smile. I hate that smile.

"What look?" he ask me. He lean in slowly to me and all I can do is close my eyes and wait him. I was expecting something when I felt him take a bite to my burger.

Tumingin ako kay Apollo na ngumunguya na saka tumingin sa nakagatan ko nang burger. That was my burger! I already taken a bite from it.

"Hey, that's unfair! You have your own." galit-galitan kong bulyaw sa kanya. Gosh he can ask me naman eh, why did he do something like that pa kasi.

Masakit umasa.

I pretend to get something behind my back to hide my face blushing. He chuckled at my behaviour.

"I thought it was weird when you order that combination. But now that I've tasted it, t'was actually good." he said smiling. I glare at him but he just wink at me.

Stop my fast beating heart. How rude of him oblivion to the effects of his actions.

I remember a while back the way he look at me nung sinabi ko ang choice of burger ko. I just rolled my eyes at him and extremely insisted no ketchup, nag-aalangan pa itong sabihin ang order ko but did it anyway.

Apollo sighed in contentment. Nilagay nito ang dalawang kamay sa likod nito para suporta bago tumingin sa taas at pumikit. He inhaled a large amount of air then exhale loudly.

A smile crept to my face as I stare at him. His face imitates the peacefulness of the sea. The waves are under his spell and submissively calm. We are both currently sitting at the beach side near at our house. I am sitting at his white polo uniform disguised as mat.

After my drama kanina sa school, he dragged me at his car and droved to the nearest drive tru to buy some snacks. Pinigilan ko pa nga ito thinking Nanay Mathilda's words forbidding me in eating fast foods.

But Apollo insisted anyway, and I never stop him again. We both watched the sunset together a while back and shared the calmness of the sorrounding.

I continue eating my burger until I finished it. My next victim was the kiddie meal with chicken nuggets, I smirk because it was really belong to Apollo. I'm just gonna worry my diet later, gotta enjoy pigging out muna.

"Glad you're enjoying the food and see you smiling again." Apollo said after several minutes in solemn silence. I gulped what I'm eating muna then drank water from my tumbler before answering him.

"Because it's delish. Ngayon na lang ulit ako kakain ng ganitong food so I better enjoy it while I still have it." I explain to him.

Tinapik ko siya konti, tumingin naman ito sa akin wondering. I motion him to get my bag, malapit lang kasi ito sa tabi nito. Sumimangot ito sa akin but I give him my cute puppy eyes.