15

His heart was beating so fast, he refused to turn around because he knew he would be getting a lot of judgemental stares.

"Are you serious?" Freddy seemed genuinely shocked, which made Jay feel incredibly guilty.

"You're my soulmate," he whispered, "I should be with you, not ignoring you."

"What about your friends?" Freddy said, glancing over his shoulder at then. They seemed less in shock now, but we're still glancing over at them a lot.

"If they were my real friends, they would accept me for who I am."

Freddy looked Jay in the eyes, emotion evident in his own eyes, "Where did this guy go?"

Jay frowned, "What guy?"

"My best friend..."

Jay paused for a few seconds, then  sighed sadly, "I'm sorry."

Freddy was trying to hold back his tears, "Why is he only coming back now?"

Jay lifted his hand to Freddy's cheek. He could see he was getting emotional, as if nostalgia was surrounding him, "I don't think we're in the right place to be having this conversation."

Freddy looked around, just now remembering that they are in the cafeteria. "Yeah, right." He breathes out a laugh, "Sorry." He rubbed his eyes.

Jay just smiled, and took a bite out of his apple.

They sat there for the rest of lunch until the bell rang, and they headed to English, which they had together.

When they entered the classroom, Freddy sat down in his normal seat, expecting Jay to sit behind him like he always does with his friend. He remembers the last time he had this class, Jay threw a rubber at the back of his head. He had no idea his life would completely change that day.

But instead of sitting down in his normal seat, he sat down right next to Freddy.

Freddy shot his head to his side, watching Jay pull out his things.

Freddy failed hiding his smile as he also pulled out his computer.

"Bro! What the fuck are you doing?" Someone yelled from behind them.

Jay didn't do anything, he didn't even look back to answer him, he just took a deep breath.

"Jay!" The guy was now standing behind Jay with a hand on his shoulder, "Why have you been so... off lately, and hanging around with.. him." He said, as if it were a foul word.

Jay just shrugged, "None of your business."

"Everyone has been saying that you're dating the freak, I didn't believe them, but fuck man, looks like there are two freaks in this class now." His face scrunched up in disgust. He walked back to his desk, where he usually sits with Jay.

Freddy looked over to Jay, wanted to see how he felt about that.

He couldn't really tell, Jay was just glaring at the table in front of him.

But really, Jay felt like he was going to faint, he has never been talked to like that before. Harry was his friend, they've been friends for years, and he just went and starting calling him names because of one small thing. Jay was trying to keep in his emotions.

He suddenly stood up, walking out of classroom. Everyone's eyes followed him on his way out.

He ran to the toilets, finding an open cubicle and locking the door.

He sat down and pulled his knees to his chest. He whimpered, letting out his emotions.

What Harry said really upset him. They used to be friends, how could he just turn so quickly?

But isn't that what he did to Freddy?

Jay's eyes widened. He has no right to cry when he's hurt someone the same way.