bonus chapter 0.2 "toddlers in their twenties"

~when you kiss me, heaven sighs~

Adelin

"Cece really outdid herself." Ash grins, looking back at me with excited eyes, I nod as I enter the house, about to agree but both my words and steps halt as I take in our surroundings.

Just two hours ago the girls and I had left the sitting room in perfect shape but now it was an absolute and utter mess, with cushions thrown everywhere, the rug at the wrong end of the roo-why is my favourite armchair upside down?

I hear Jas sigh behind me "We leave for two hours-two bloody hours-and this is what we have to come back to?" her eyes roam the space.

"Honestly what did we expect?" Candi shakes her head "Lets go and find them, maybe this time we can get a semi decent explanation."

Ash scoffs, discarding the shopping bags on the cushion less couch as she hums "The chances of that happening are slimmer than Addie's corseted waist."

I narrow my eyes at her as the girls chuckle, we follow the very familiarly loud screams of the boys to the backyard, my mouth dropping open as soon as I catch sight of the six males.

"Oh" I start

"My" Candi follows, red hair swaying in the light breeze.

"Fucking" Jas' mouth drops open.

"God" Ash finishes, eyes wide with horror.

"You paid for the ring so let me pay for them!" My twin yells, throwing a pillow at Caleb with all his might.

Caleb dosen't stop running but manages to dodge the pillow "No! and even if you put on a bikini and ask me, that answer won't change!" He fires back, middle fingers raised as he continues to sprint through the vast grounds of our backyard and away from Aaron.

In the middle of the ground, over towels, lay Mason and Daniel-both with only their trunks on while sunglasses covered their eyes as I hear Danny mutter "Can you two quiet down, I can't even hear myself losing the will to live."

"It's good to believe in miracles but even a miracle won't make that happen" Mason answers back, his gaze fixed on the book in his hands but that dosen't last long because both the sunbathing boys get drenched with water by my cousin and Tristan.

Boisterous hyena like laughter fills the atmosphere "Are you fucking insane?" Mason seethes, shaking his now drenched book, both the blonds double over in laughter "Insanity runs in my family honey, it practically gallops!" is Noahs reply.

"Where's the lie in that?" Ash mumbles, probably having flashbacks to the last time she had to visit my aunt and cousins but I still shove her.

"You're about to be part of that family soon enough missy." I point down to her left hand where a cushion cut pale yellow diamond ring rests, her lips automatically tug into a smile as she looks down at it.

"Girls, I think it's time we step in to clear this mess." Jas grimaces at the sight infront of us, by now each of the boys run after one another with two of them drenched and two of them still laughing their asses off.

"Take it away Candi." I say, she nods, bringing her fingers to her mouth and the whistle that follows makes everyone pause with alarm. Thankfully, that includes the boys who upon catching sight of us freeze, waving with grins.

"Hi girls!" Tris greets through the hold that Daniel has on his neck.

I pinch the bridge of my nose "Even in their twenties they act like toddlers."