INTERESTING NOTE

SOURCE : https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/death-karna-great-arjunas-guilt-feeling-krishnas-logic-chandran

After the death of Karna, the great, the Pandavas come to know of the truth from their mother, Kunti, that Karna was their eldest brother. They are at a loss how to react to this sudden disclosure of truth. When Yudhistra comes to know of it, he is so angry at Kunti for hiding this truth that he curses her and the entire women clan that they will not be able to keep any secrets henceforth.

The Pandavas don't shed a tear on the death of Karna as they have been thinking of him as an enemy since the time they knew him. Krishna asks the Pandavas, "Why are you all not shedding tears on the death of your eldest brother? Yudhistra, has your desire for the throne superseded your love for your eldest brother? Bhima, have you forgotten that Karna once defeated you and gave you a new lease of life in the war? Nakula, have you too forgotten that Karna also was soft on you and didn't kill you, even though he had an opportunity to do so? Yudhistra, have you forgotten that Karna did not shoot incessant arrows at you when you were without any weapons?" Yudhistra realizes his mistake and apologizes to Krishna, "Krishna, I now remember everything as to why Karna did not kill me. It was because of his promise given to Kunti that he spared me." Krishna explains to the Pandavas that Karna promised to Kunti before the war that he would not kill any of the Pandavas except Arjuna and that he would use the Nagastram (snake weapon) on Arjuna only once, although he had the option of using it on Arjuna multiple times. Arjuna too feels very guilty after listening to Krishna and exclaims, "How foolish I was! I tried to kill Karna, who was benevolent towards me and my brothers. I feel very guilty and ashamed of myself." Krishna tells Arjuna, "Arjuna, you always thump your chest and say that Karna is your birth rival and take pride in killing him, but do you know that you have killed a dead snake? Karna died not because you killed him. He died six times even before you killed him.

First, when a Brahmin cursed Karna that the wheel of his chariot would submerge when he was in an epic fight of his life.

Second, when Parusharam, his guru, cursed Karna that the Brahmastram (equivalent to today's nuclear weapon) that he learnt from him would not come in handy for him at the time he most wanted it and that he would forget it's usage when he most desired to use it.

Third, When Indra, asks Karna for his divine Kavach (the shiny armor embedded to his skin since birth) and kundal (ear rings) as a donation from him before the war.

Fourth, when Kunti asks Karna to promise her not to kill any of the Pandavas except Arjuna and also not to use the Nagastram on Arjuna more than once.

Fifth, when Shalya, Karna's charioteer, deserts him during the war at the most critical time.

Sixth, when I went to Karna in the form of a Brahmin when he was waiting for his death and asked him to donate me all the virtues accrued from all his benevolent and charitable acts since birth, including the virtue accrued to him by donating these at the time of death."

Says Krishna, "These six incidents lead to his death, and it is not just you who killed him. Karna was invincible and no one could have ever defeated him. If he wanted, Karna could have easily killed all the Pandavas. So, Arjuna, stop feeling guilty for having killed Karna because his death was a combination of various factors and it was not just you, who were solely responsible for it."

Hey there! Sorry for updating late! 

DO CHECK OUT MY OTHER WORK! ALL YOUR COMMENTS ARE WELCOME! BUT I WILL CONTINUE IF THE READERS ARE OKAY WITH IT!! SO KINDLY COMMENT ON IT FRIENDS!!

https://www.wattpad.com/1022649943-views-that-matter-epics-of-india