10

^^Rest of "the gang" in MM

(Davanee)
4 Days After

Waking up with a rush of nausea, I quickly made my way out my room and into the bathroom. Next thing I know, I'm emptying whatever was in my stomach. I hope my gags aren't loud.

When I was done, flushed the toilet and washed out my mouth. Leaving the bathroom, I headed back to my room and checked the time on my phone. 6:57 AM. I have to get up in three minutes anyways...

"Davanee?" My mom opened my room door.

"Yes, mom?" I looked at her in the doorway.

"Are you ok?" She asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Why have you been throwing up like that?"

"I don't know, food poisoning...?" I shrugged, lying.

"Ok...I'll be back," she says before she disappears from my doorframe. She comes back a minute later with something in her hand. I couldn't make out what it was.

"Here, take this. It will help..." she takes a spoonful out of whatever the "remedy" was.

"What is that?"

"Just take it, honey. It will help with the vomiting," she pointed the full spoon at me.

I leaned in to smell what was on the spoon and it didn't smell good at all.

"Mom, what's in this?" I asked her curiously, scrunching up my face.

It is 7 in the morning. Who got time for smells like this?

"Don't worry about that honey. Just take it."

I looked between her and the spoon for a couple seconds before I clutched my nose close and took it. I knew that it wasn't gonna taste good.

"Good," she says before she leaves the room.

I sighed. No doctors appointment yet and I still haven't told my mom yet.

90 Minutes After

Arriving to school, I head to the cafeteria only to see Ace sitting at the table. He wasn't alone, Jennifer was sitting next to him and they looked like they were in deep conversation—a deep conversation that he didn't look like he was into at all.

I sauntered over and made my presence known. "Hey."

I plopped down across from them. Weirdly, it kinda bothers me that she was sitting at our table.

"Hey, Davanee," Jennifer greets me with a wide smile.

Ace didn't say anything back, he just kept his eyes on me. He's probably itching to ask me if I'm ok or something like that...

"So you still wanna come over tomorrow? Like I said, a lot of people are coming," Jennifer asks him.

"I'll think about it," he answers, his eyes still on me.

Anyways, I pulled my earphones out of my bag and plugged it in to my phone. I was just about to put them in when Ace's voice stopped me.

"Aye, you eat breakfast yet?" He asks, cutting off whatever Jennifer was saying to him.

I thought about lying to him but then I couldn't. I shook my head, "No."

"Oh so you still feelin that way?" He asks, probably referring to my morning sickness.