⚜07⚜

Bronwyn's POV:

"You're a professional boxer?" I tilt my head to the side as the devil grins.

"Why the doubt? I'm going to be the WBA champion in a few years!" He proudly says and throws his best shadow boxing.

We are talking about our future goals and I don't really know how we came up with that, but it's sort of relaxing. I like talking normally with him rather than arguing.

I smile and shake my head. "Why don't you just go to college and dream realistic?"

I don't doubt that he can't achieve his goals. However, I think it'll be a hard target since anyone could be as good as him and we don't know it yet.

He gives me an insulted look, making me laugh. "This is realistic! Don't compare me with you. I don't have book readings and studying in my hobbies list."

He's trying to make fun of me.

"Don't get me wrong, but I think that you would have a higher chance in finishing your studies, rather than becoming a WBA champion." I admit and he seems to be thinking about it.

He silently unwraps his gloves and gives me a look.

"That's a mean thing to say, birdie." He then mutters and I smile.

"I'm just thinking realistic." I shrug as he throws his gloves at me.

"Realistic my ass!" He huffs and I laugh. "Just watch me become one, birdie!"

You bet I will, devil.

My phone rings before I can even say that back.

Mom.

"Excuse me." I grab it and walk away as I place it to my ear.

"Is that your boyfriend?" I hear him ask and roll my eyes.

Damn you!

"No-"

"Then take the call infront of me!" He hisses and I turn to look at him.

What?

His smile has vanished and he's trying to read me. With his dark eyes squinted and body language telling me something else, I groan.

Is he so sceptical of me?

"Hello, mom." I emphasize her on purpose, causing him to rub the back of his neck.

Is he embarrassed now? He should be!

"Wynn! You haven't visited us for 2 weeks now! Is everything alright?" She sounds worried at the other end, making me feel guilty.

Crap! I was so caught up with his mess, I forgot my own parents!

"Yes. Everything is fine here, mom."

"How is the child like?"

I cringe and stare at Yael, who's silently eavesdropping my conversation.

Child? I guess at some point he acts like one.

"He's... alright."

"Good! Bring him over tonight!"

Wait what?!

"What?" I widen my eyes, causing Yael to tilt his head to the side in a curious way.

"We want to meet the child you've been babysitting for so long." My mother says.

Shoot! I lied to them for this damn job! I told them that I was actually babysitting a 'child'!