⚜10⚜

Bronwyn's POV:

I can't get rid of Yael's heroic action!

According to the doctor, the woman had a heatstroke. She wouldn't have survived it if Yael didn't do the mouth-to-mouth resuscitation and get the puke off her airway. As for the child, it might have affected his life too.

My respect for the devil grew.

"How did you know how to handle the situation so easily?!" I fascinatingly stare at him as he continues listening to his music, while he's staring at his phone.

Okay, he's still an ass sometimes.

I roll my eyes and plug one ear pod away from his ears. He looks at me and smiles so suddenly, making my heart race.

Shoot! He's handsome when he doesn't fake a smile.

"You wanna listen?" He says and I shake my head.

"N-No-"

He literally plugs it in my ear and the next thing I do is cringe.

WHAT THE!?

I hastily remove the ear pod off my ears and pray internally that I didn't just sinned!

"What are you listening too?!"

HE'S LITERALLY LISTENING TO GIRLS MOANING!

He just shrugs and removes his ear plugs. "What? It's music to my ears~"

Damn this guy!

I feel my face heating up as I stare into his smirk. "Y-You perverted jerk!"

He chuckles, but keeps his eyes at me. I feel uncomfortable and it seems like his eyes have a darker shade around them.

Slow down, heart...

"I prefer the live concert, though~" He winks, making me blush.

What is wrong with him!?

I hastily repeat my question about how he's so good at first aid as I try to calm myself down.

"When I'm bored I watch extended documentaries, The X-Files or First aid lessons." He shrugs as if it were normal.

He gotta be kidding me!?

"What normal human being would watch an one or two hour long documentary?!" I laugh as he raises his eyebrows.

"Me?"

"You're not normal." I giggle as he groans.

"Whatever." He was about to go back to his phone.

"That doesn't answer my question."

He sighs and leans back with his hands to his head. "I studied in  university for a year."

He really did? So he isn't stupid afterall?

"Why did you stop?" I curiously ask as he shuts his eyes.

It takes him a while, before he answers. "My mom is a doctor and wanted me to take medicine so bad. I hated it."

His mother. He isn't opening his story, which is why I shouldn't ask him yet.

I gulp as he opened one eye to stare at me. "Even after the incident? I mean, you saved a mother and her child!"

He breath deep in and smiles. "My hands are made to destroy things-"

What?

I shake my head. "No. You're wrong."

His eyes remain on me as he tries to see through me. "I'm better at beating a man up than saving him, birdie."