Yellow

"Dreaaaam, that's not fair!" George whined, kicking his legs like a little toddler. Dream laughed triumphantly, holding his phone in the air, out of George's reach. Sapnap yoinked the phone out of Dream's hand and started waving it in front of George. The brunette reached to grab it but missed by a couple of inches. "Hey- delete that!"

The three of them finished eating their lunch in a nearby restaurant and were walking home. Thank god Dream took his sunglasses with him, his eyes were such a vibrant and playful pinkish purple. "Or what?" Sapnap sneered, throwing the phone back at Dream, who caught it and giggled excitedly.

"I- er.. well," George stuttered and turned a faint shade of red, making Dream's heart leap. George, however, took this to his advantage and snatched the phone out of Dream's hand. Sapnap made a noise of annoyance - like a hissing cat. George cheered in victory but soon realised that all hope was gone - he didn't know Dream's passcode.

"Oh come on, now. You'll block my phone," Dream added, a slight hint of annoyance in his voice as George blindly typed in numbers in hopes that he would guess his passcode. He paused, took a hard look at Dream, which made him even more flustered, and then glanced down at his phone and typed in a few numbers. George looked up again and had the faintest blush on his face.

"Your passcode.. it's the date we met," George whispered in a tone which was barely audible. Sapnap smirked at Dream, who stepped on his foot to prevent him from making any snide remarks. The brunette went to his gallery and frowned when he saw the photos.

"Ugh, I'm deleting these," George muttered bluntly, his eyes narrowing at the picture. Sapnap let out an exasperated gasp, tugging his hair in frustration. "NOOO-"

George glanced up and smiled cheekily, handing the phone back to Dream. Sapnap groaned and Dream forced a frown. He caught George's gaze, but ignored him as he stuffed the phone into his pocket. The brunette just shrugged, smiling widely.

The three of them walked briskly, making their way down the sidewalk. When they reached Dream's house, Sapnap decided to go for a swim, leaving George and Dream behind. Sapnap grinned even wider, when Dream's eyes turned a sickly shade of yellow. Deceit.

"What do you suggest we do?" George called from over his shoulder. Dream thought for a moment, then walked into the kitchen and opened a cupboard. George walked over to him and watched with interest. The blonde took out a muffin tray and set it on the table. George smiled.

"It's my birthday soon, why not bake some muffins?" Dream replied simply and George nodded in agreement. He took out the flour, salt and sugar, rummaged through the little packets until he found baking powder.

"Right so mix all the dry ingredients together, I'll prepare the milk," George told Dream, who had prepared a big bowl to pour all the flour into. George watched Dream with an amused grin on his face whilst the blonde poured the flour in, guessing the measurements. Dream noticed George staring at him and looked up. "What?"

"Nothing."

"...sure," said Dream suspiciously, making sure to check if he was still staring. George shook his head slowly, smiling widely as he walked to the fridge to go retrieve the milk, eggs and butter. He returned and started pouring the milk into the bowl, mixing it promptly.

"Right, add these in and keep mixing.. I think," Dream commented and George laughed, cracking an egg and adding it in. Dream's smile lingered for a bit, before turning away and checking his face in the reflection of a glass. Pink. Of course.

Dream was tapped on the shoulder. He whipped his head around and grinned. George was holding up bananas. "Banana muffins!" he exclaimed excitedly.

The duo proceeded to add ingredients for another fifteen minutes, accompanied by friendly banter and lame jokes. George's cheeks hurt from smiling so much.

"And now we wait!" Dream announced triumphantly, shutting the oven and turning around to face George. The brunette beamed back at him. Dream raised his hand and the two high-fived.

"This was fun, we should bake more often," said George as he sat down on a chair. Dream's eyes flashed a soft yellow colour, "Ha, imagine if we started a baking channel!"

Dream smiled and sat down as well. "This was fun, we should spend more time together," Dream muttered under his breath, "then maybe you'd realise how much I like you."

"Pardon?" George asked and Dream shook his head, shrugging. "Nothing important, trust me."

Dream didn't notice his eyes turn a sudden weak blue. However, the brunette did. George slowly turned to Dream with wide eyes and a surprised expression. Dream flinched.

"Your eyes, they're.. they're blue!" George said nervously, causing Dream to immediately turn away. 'Blue?' Dream thought quickly, his heart hammering in his chest, 'why blue? This can't be, I mean.. blue means...'

"Dream? Are you okay?" George asked, looking concerned. Dream stared back at him, his cold blue eyes meeting George's warm brown ones. He looked melancholic. He reached out to touch him but Dream backed away, "Dream, please, tell me what's wrong-"

He was cut off by the blonde turning and speed-walking away. Why were his eyes blue? He wasn't sad.. was he? He was being selfish. George lingered in place, before running after him. Dream had been acting strange ever since he met George at the airport.

As George ran after Dream, he didn't realise he left the muffins completely abandoned. They burned.