26

It has been precisely four months since the day I last saw him. But who was keeping track of that, definitely not me.

No really, the thought of him each morning I woke drifted eventually. There were times boredom that I wondered what he was at in that very moment.

I'd remember the feeling of his hand caressing my face, but the red head that night would ruin my day dream, over and over.

"I can't believe today is the day i'm sending my babygirl half way across the country." Did I mention I was accepted into my dream school?

Dartmouth. Moms tears were flowing freely out of her red eyes. All week she would just look at me and start crying.

"Are you clear to hold the fort down?" Jax nodded innocently. We were at my gate saying goodbye. I was holding back how I really felt, trying to be brave for them.

I didn't want them to see me breakdown. I said my goodbyes to grandma, seeing her proud smile made me feel that what I was doing is right.

I didn't want to leave my family, but it was time to move on. Start a life of my own..

Leave everything that had happened behind. Return at christmas and be caught up with all of their stories of the year. To make friends at college id keep forever.

I don't know why the thought terrified me.

The last warning rang through the area, sending a painful spike to my chest. "Bye."

"Don't say it like that!" She pulled me into a hug. I held on to my mom tightly, remember what her arms around me felt like.

What the scent of her perfume smelled like. Her hands left me, moving back. I look yo dad to see tears in his eyes which shocked me.

He never showed any time of hard emotion. He had a face that you just couldn't read what he was feeling or thinking.

We shared a quick hug before it was Jax's turn.

"I love you." He squeezed my waist tightly, muttering an I love you. I get a grip on my suit case, walking backwards.

Don't look back, don't look back.

"You're the last to board today!" I gave the attendant a small smile, looking down the long hallway. don't look back.

"Enjoy your flight."

I didn't enjoy my flight, the crying baby and nuisance of a kid would not stop kicking my chair. Nothing much happened from the moment I threatened to throw him from the exist door.

We landed late, I was surprised to see no cabs. What the fuck was this the apocalypse. I couldn't uber, my phone was dead.

I'll walk. "Hey!" I turn in my place to see a guy who looked to be around my age.

"Do you need a ride?" How did he know.. oh wait I was sulking. This was dangerous.. i'm too tired to care.

I answered him walking yo the car he stood in front of. He kindly took my giant suitcase putting it in the backseat.

"Do you always get in the car with a stranger?"

"Desperate times call for desperate measures."

He made a snorting sound amusing me. "Why did you offer?" I couldn't help but ask him.

He half's for a minute, trying the car out of the airport lanes. "My ..friends flight got delayed, I have time, you're paying me right?"

I wasn't convinced fully by his words. He asked where I was going and I replied. I thought of telling him to drop me a few blocks from the school but it's kind of obvious.

"That'll be $20!"

"Fuck no, how about a quarter?" I ask him sarcastically. He gives me an annoyed look, throwing out his hand rubbing them together as if he was waiting for a bill.

I handed him $5. "Better than a quarter."

"Isn't it?" I left him, walking with my heavy bag to the schools entrance. I could see the lights still on, as I entered relief came over me.

"Miss. Jones! I was worried you would not show." I explained my late flight, receiving my dorm information.

It didn't take me long to find 605.

My roommate wasn't there but I could easily tell she'd been here. Her things were scattered across the floor, but thankfully not touching my bed.

She took the side closest to the window, not that I cared, this was it.

Some in the silence I could hear people out in the hall walking around. I bite my lip, checking to see if I had any unread text messages, I didn't.

I was alone now..

                                VOTE!!!

hm I miss Stefano.. it's okay, he's not far ;) This book is about to get very interesting.