Chapter 23

Hello everyone :) I am no longer on the top 1,000 or whatever, but that's not important. I love writing and even though I am disappointed, I will not stop writing. Its my passion and I'm good at it!

Plus, its still gonna go in Watty Awards :)

Well, ENJOY!!!

______________________________________________________

"Br-Br-Brandon... S-stop." I breathed.

He growled deeply and kept me down. I tried to squirm out of his grasp, but it was no use. They were just failed attempts.

"No, I need you." He growled into my ear.

Shivers ran throughout my body, and I liked them. I knew it was probably the bond, but I didn't care. I am way to young, to do.... all that just yet.

"Brandon I can't, please stop." I begged.

I knew that was I lie, I really wanted to. But I knew it wasn't right.

"No." He growled. "I need to mark you. Either you let me, or I'll do it by force."

I gasped, and my eyes got watery. Tears that were building in my eyes clouded my vision. It was blurry, but I pushed them away. I could not show him how I was weak.

I'd never let him know.

To my surprise, I growled. Loudly.

Brandon looked shocked as well. But I took the opportunity to use all the force I had, and I pushed him off. I used more force than necessary and he fell off the bed.

I jumped from the bed and ran. I ran from our room and down all of the twisty halls in the pack house. Everyone moved out of my way, but soon enough they were after me too.

Crap.

I ran out the back door and through the woods. I could hear the ripping of clothes and the sound of paws hitting the ground.

"That's not fair!" I yelled.

I couldn't out run them. Not in their wolf form. I had to do something, but what could I do? I can't fight them. They are my pack. And I am their Luna. Well, technically, not yet I'm not. But I couldn't do that. I heard a loud growl from up infront of me and I froze in my place.

Although I have never seen this wolf before, I have seen him in human form. I knew exactly who it was, and he wasn't after me. He was protecting me.

It was dad.

The big wolf jumped infront on me standing defensivally, blocking any of the pack members from coming near me.

Brandon and dad were snarling dangerously at each other, and I knew Brandon would attack.

'H'm, so I am a werewolf-mermaid, mix? Okay, I've got to have some special power.'

'You do.' My dads voice said, filling my head.

Brandon had told me about the mind link the pack had shared, and stuff, but my dad wasn't in my pack. How can he mind link with me?

'Dad your not in my pack, how can we mind link?' I asked.

'Were family, we have the same blood, it doesn't matter if were in the same pack.' He chuckled.

I laughed out loud and Brandon's wolf looked confused as he cocked his head to the side. He looked back at all of the twenty or so pack members that had tried to help him catch me, and all of those wolves shook their heads.

'I bet he asked them if any of them were talking to me.' I laughed at dad.

'I bet. Now you do have special powers. I will explain later how you have them but first do as I say.'

I nodded my head and replied 'yes' before he continued speaking.

'Okay, hold out your hands in front of you. Your arms should not be stiff, bent a little. Palms out.'

'But what will this-'

'Just do it!' He growled.

I flinched but then shook it off. I did as he told me and waited.

'It wont hurt them will it?'

'No! Now did you do that?'

'Yes.'

'Good. Now close your eyes and concentrate an imaginary wall between us and them.'

I closed my eyes and imagined a wall between them and us. I imagined me and dad walking away, and them trying to come after us, but stopping five feet away because of an imaginary wall.

"Open your eyes." My dad said.

I opened my eyes and saw at first my dads bare chest. I quickly closed my eyes tightly and pushed his chest away.

"Ewe dad! Gross!" I cried.

He chuckled and brought me into a hug.

"Dad! Get off! This is so wrong!"

"Oh relax sweetie, I got shorts on."

"Promise daddy?" I asked still unsure Wether I should open my eyes or not.

"Yes I promise."

I opened my eyes, and sure enough, he had shorts on. I sighed in relief and hugged him.

"Hey dad, can I go to your pack house? I need to talk to you."

"Sure. Lets go."

He put his arm around my shoulder and we started to walk away, when I heard paws behind coming twards us. I turned around and saw the pack. I screamed terrified, but they stopped right before they got to me. Confused, I looked up at my dad for some answers.

"You know that thing I had you do just a minute ago, with the imaginary wall?" He asked.

I nodded.

"Its not imaginary.... anymore."

I laughed and walked with him to his pack house. He could have shifted, but I told him it would be weird to climb on his back. Plus, he wouldn't have any more clothes.

We walked there in silence. I wasn't sure how to tell dad what Brandon had said. I mean, I barely knew dad, but I know him enough to know that he would kill Brandon.

And I couldn't have that.

How am I going to tell him without him going and attacking Brandon?

______________________________________

If it is short I'm sorry it looks really long on my phone! Thanks for reading and I did not forget about the character winner ;) lol. Don't think I forgot.

~ MermaidPearl ~