77

"Here you go," the waiter smiled, placing down two cups of hot cappuccinos for both Hyun Ae and Bang Shi Hyuk.

"Sorry to have you go out like this," he said, placing down his phone on the table as he gestured to her to drink.

"No, it's okay. I was on my way to the supermarket," Hyun Ae said, taking a quick sip of her drink.

After Jaehee had informed her about the CEO of Big Hit wanted to see her, Hyun Ae quickly went to the café mentioned by the Big Hit staff and met Bang PD there in a quiet café.

"So, what is it that you want to talk about?" Hyun Ae began, placing down her drink.

"About you, and the whole BTS," Bang PD started. "They showed improvement after you were... done with Namjoon."

Hearing that, Hyun Ae was a bit taken aback.

"You see, I don't want to make you feel bad. I've known you for years now, Hyun Ae. To me, you're like my daughter. Just like them," he continued. "Ever since they knew you, positive vibes were just everywhere. I could feel it whenever I watch them work. Sing, dance, and all. It's like they're preparing for someone special among the ARMYs. Yes, ARMYs are important to them, but they know that among those fans, there's this one fan that is precious to them."

"After what happened recently, yes, there was a bit tense among them lately," he paused for a while, taking a sip of his drink. "You know how much Namjoon loves you. I bet you knew the effect on him. He became strict day by day, even the younger ones in the group had to meet me and well... complained about Namjoon."

"Isn't it good for them, to have such a strict leader?" Hyun Ae stated.

"No, you don't understand. He... really pushed the whole team, over their limits. He immersed himself into his works too much, my assumption is that because he tried to forget you."

"Well then, that's good, right? That means, we're getting a new comeback sooner. It's good that I have no more associations with them."

"Except for the shop."

Now Hyun Ae couldn't take it anymore. Her heart began to break, but she was strong enough to hold her tears in.

"Hyun Ae, I'm going to be straight to the point," he said, taking a breath as he said it, "I am so sorry, but I need to entirely cut off the connection between you and them, including the shop. That means you're not allowed to interact with them anymore. Even after everything is fine, you're not going to meet them. Even Jungkook."

There was a long silence between them. They stared into each other's eyes.

Half of Hyun Ae was against it, but she had decided.

"Okay. But, let me tell you something. My shop is not that far from the agency. You would think that Jungkook won't sneak his way to my shop?"

"I'll look for a place for your shop."

"You mean, you want me to move out from my premise?"

"And relocate it to Myeongdong," he said, and Hyun Ae could only let out a sigh. "I feel very bad doing this to you Hyun Ae, but I really, really had to. Everything is on me. Don't worry about the cost and all. And I know, doing this will disappoint the boys so much, and I feel bad about that too. I just want them to be happy,"

"I understand your intention," she nodded, staring at her cup for a while, then she looked up back at him. "Well, I can do it. I can relocate the shop. But I want something from you."

She took a deep inhale, and as she breathed out, it came out staggering.

As if she was about to cry.

"Let me spend my final week with them."