Ch. 35 - Explaining

Song: Trauma by NF
Words: 2377
Published: August 24th, 2020
Third Person POV

Rayna woke up a day later in the hospital with Harley right next to her, sleeping. She giggled at him, making him wake up. He quickly smothered her with kisses, happy that she was awake. He explained that she passed out from exhaustion, and since has been treated for any injuries serious enough to still have when she came in.

"I was so worried," Harley told her.

She pet his hair. "I know. I'm sorry."

Apparently, that gas she had inhaled was a mixture between laughing gas and wolfsbane, which explains why she didn't feel any pain in the moment but did afterwards.

All of the rogues who surrendered themselves to the warriors were taken to the dungeons, asked a few questions about how they were taken under Circe and the witches control, and then given the choice to join the Royal Pack, the River Shine Pack, or return to being a rogue. Most of them quickly accepted the offer to join a pack, but some did return back to the wild.

All of the witches have been handed over to the main coven that works with the Royal Pack, and it has been decided that each of them will be burned at the stake.

All members of the River Shine Pack are in the dungeons, awaiting whatever Rayna decides to do with them.

Soon after Rayna woke up, she asked for Jamie, Hazel, Jayce, and Danny to be released from the cells. She asked for the mates to share a room, though Jayce and Danny should be kept under surveillance.

Now, it's the next day. She was allowed to leave the hospital earlier that morning, though she has to take it easy both mentally and physically for the next week or so. She relaxes in bed.

Harley then enters the room holding a tray with a glass of water and a grilled cheese sandwich on it, as per Rayna's request.  Rayna sits up, and he sets the tray on her nightstand, then sitting on the bed next to her.

"Rayna . . ." he starts. "I wanted to ask you this earlier, but . . . can you walk me through everything that happened from your perspective?"

Setting down her sandwich, she nods.

"Of course. I- I bet this has been really confusing for you . . ." she mutters.

"Yeah," he says, nodding.

"Well, it started Tuesday night."

She talks him through waking up and being pulled towards the border, where she talked with Johnathan and Circe. She then tells him about how when Circe made her pass out, she was able to see that moment in the cabin.

"That was probably your second sight," he tells her.

"Oh, you're right!" she exclaims, not having realized that.

She continues, until she reaches the end.

"I- I didn't tell you because I know that you wouldn't let me even leave the wing to protect me, but then the pack would be attacked. S- So, I went to Keane, Emmett and Calum."

*~* Flashback *~*

It was Wednesday morning earlier that week. She had knocked on Keane's office door.

"Come in."

She opened the door and stepped inside, closing the door behind her.

"Oh," Keane said, surprised, having looked up at her. "Hey, Rayna. What's up?"

"Can you call Emmett and Calum here?" she asked.