chapter 16

Isaac POV:

I had just finished packing my bags for the soccer trip. We were going on a bus to do this soccer tournament, and I couldn't wait to get out of this house.

"Hurry down Isaac or you'll be late." My mom called me.

I checked around my room to make sure I didn't miss anything; but it didn't appear so. I rushed down the stairs, ready to go.

"Ready?"

"Yep." I followed her to the door then stopped. "Wait, am I able to get my phone back?"

"Sure, you go to the car while I get it." She threw the keys to me and headed up the stairs while I made my way to the car and sat down, waiting.

A few seconds later, she came back with my phone. "Thank you." I smiled.

A week had gone by, and I was glad it was the 2 week break, and I had gotten 'ungrounded' , but this meant Dillon was now officially 'unsuspended', and even worse: he was coming on this trip.

I hadn't seen him since the near deadly attack and I was glad of that; I felt so at calm without his presence. But now he was back. Great.

"Isaac we're here." My mom announced. "Oh." I realised we were in fact here, but I could only see a couple of people here, one being Harrison.

I looked at my mom, "I thought you said we were late."

"I may have mixed up the time a bit." Y'think? "Do you want me to walk you there?"

"No, nope I'm fine." I got my bags and hurried out of the car. My mom waved to me then drove off, thank God, and I walked to join the early squad.

"It can't be. Jones coming early? Impossible." Coach joked to which I smiled.

"Did your mum trick you with the times again?" Harrison immediately asked.

"Yeah." But I was glad I didn't have to do the awkward late walk with everybody watching, because now, I was the one watching the late comers.

Slowly, more people started arriving, until everyone was here, and we were ready to go.

"Alright boys, I want everyone on their best behaviours, or the only place you'll be visiting is the bench. I'll discuss the accommodations when we get there. For now, everyone on the coach."

We all put our bags in the side of the coach then I got on and sat near the back next to Harrison.

I pulled out my phone to text Zara, my new lab partner, she had given me her number but because I didn't have my phone before, I wasn't able to text her.

"Who are you texting?" Harrison stopped talking with the other guys and peered over to look at my screen.

"No one." I quickly turned the phone to the side, obstructing his view. "Then why are you hiding your phone?" He raised a brow at me.

"Must have been a twitch." I forced a smile to try and get him off my case.

"Okay... then let me see who it is." He held his hand out, as if I would willingly give my phone to him. Instead, I switched off my phone, shaking my head, and held it tighter.

"Come on Isaac, at least a name?" He put on puppy dog eyes, but I wouldn't be swayed. I knew he would tease me for this whole trip if I told him it was Zara.

"Okay then." He went back to the conversation he was in before, confusing me on how easily he had let it go. I stared for a few seconds at the back of his head, but internally shrugged, and turned my phone back on, still being a bit wary of how fast he had given in.