Chapter 21

I went to science like normal and talked to Tessa to keep my mind off of everything.

Once it ended I went to the dorm and then left quickly.

I went to the quad and sat under my signature tree and looked through my textbook.

I took a bunch of notes and sighed to myself.

"Hey Snow."

I jumped and looked to my right.

"My god Blake." I said, still shocked.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry about snapping at you." He said reluctantly. My lips rugged into a smile and I stood up.

"You are forgiven. Mind telling me what was wrong?" I couldn't hold myself back.

"I was just tired. And something happened with my dad where he yelled at me, but that's all." He said.

I nodded and gave him a simple smile of sympathy. He disappeared and I went back to studying.

I heard running footsteps so I looked up. Liv?

"I'm so sorry for the late notice! The villain league is having a masquerade party tonight and they have hostages." She planted.

I gasped and put my hand over my mouth. "I'll get the team. Can you help with the tech stuff?"

"Of course." She said, and then ran away again.

I texted everyone to meet at our spot and I quickly texted Liv to meet there too.

Soon enough we were all here. Blake was still staying quiet.

I explained what was happening and they all smiled.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked them in a panic.

"Well first of all, it's a masquerade party! We get to wear pretty dresses and masks! And second, we get to save hostages." Aura perked up.

I tilted my head up and thought about it. I guess it's pretty cool.

Liv finally made it and gave us subtle ear pieces so that we could all communicate.

"Get ready. I have an invisible van i'll be in with tech." She said. We nodded and ran to our dorms.

We didn't have any masks, but we did have outfits for this kind of situation.

I put on a dress and we met at this van. I took a look at everyone else'a outfits.

 I took a look at everyone else'a outfits

Tessa and Aura were stunning. Lucas looked like he was having fun. He kept adjusting his tie.

Blake looked...

I didn't know how to describe the feeling that I got when he walked up. My heart skipped a beat and my breath hitched.

I was staring at him for a while by the time he noticed. "Like what you see?" He smirked slightly.