chapter thirty-nine

Emily

Harry had been here for close to a month now. Seeing as he didn't have much to do on the so called 18 month break, he was pretty free. 

He'd spent every day either chilling in the apartment, helping around the cafe or going out with me whenever I was free. But as much as I loved going to sleep with him at night, waking up in his arms in the morning and spending a lot of my time with him, I didn't want to get too comfortable with the feeling of having Harry around all the time. I knew he wouldn't be able to stay here for ever and that he had his own home to get back to.

Niall had also been staying here with Molly. He was being extra careful around her, as though making sure their baby couldn't get hurt. He wouldn't let her lift anything, was always making sure we were stocked up with the foods she was craving and he was constantly chatting to the baby. Needless to say, everything with Molly's pregnancy was going well.

There was only two things on my mind. The first being what was going to happen when the baby was born. I knew Molly would have to take a lot of time off before and after the baby was born, but that wasn't my problem. My problem was whether Molly was going to be moving in with Niall or whether they would continue to travel to and from each other. I could tell this had been on Molly's mind as well, but she wasn't letting it bother her this early on.

The second was my little problem with Harry. Well it wasn't much of problem, I just still hadn't said I love you to sober Harry. Don't get me wrong, I did love Harry. I loved him a lot. But I was just scared for his answer. And I know it shouldn't bother me seeing as he'd said it already. But the fact that he was drunk when he said it, made me unsure of whether he meant it.

I'd talked to Molly a few times about this, and every time she'd reassured me that I don't need to rush into it. She'd also reminded me of the saying 'drunk words are sober thoughts', but I still felt the sense of uncertainty about the whole thing.

The sound of the apartment door opening pulled me from my thoughts. I looked up to see Harry and Niall walking in with a few shopping bags in their hands. 

"How's the brownies coming?" Harry asked as he and Niall placed the shopping bags on the counter and began putting away the food. 

"Good, I just put them in the oven" I told him. Niall stopped what he was doing to take a peek at the oven. I let out a chuckle before he returned to putting the groceries away.

"Where's Molz?" Niall asked. 

"She's taking a nap" I responded as I made my way over to the shopping bags. Niall nodded in response as I pulled out the yogurt. I made my way over to the fridge, looking down at the food in my hands before stopping.

"This yogurt goes off tomorrow" I said reading the due date on the container. I turned to face Harry and Niall as the two looked to each other.

"All the more reason to eat it before then" Niall replied, taking it out of my hands and putting it in the fridge. I rolled my eyes and continued to help.

The groceries were unpacked quicker then usual, due to the fact that I had help from two others. Niall walked off to Molly's room once we were done and Harry turned to me.

"I ran into an old friend at the shops" He said, sitting his hands on my hips. I looked up to him, placing my hands on his chest. "And she wanted to catch up" 

"She?" I asked. 

"Yeah, we're just gonna meet at a bar or something, but if you don't want me to then I can cancel" Harry replied, causing me to chuckle lightly.

"No you don't need to cancel, I'm fine with you going out" I responded. I knew I could trust Harry and I believed him when he said that she was just an old friend.