Chapter 12

"are you okay? " Zach stood up as he went beside me,  patting my back.

"I... I'm okay" i said albeit me feeling like a grain or rice is still stuck in my throat or is it my nose??

"wait,  what woman? " i just remembered, this can't be ignored.

You must crush the source of a potential problem while it's still in the bud. 

Zach stiffened beside me for a while before he went back on his seat after making sure I was okay. 

"That woman,  is Alexander's mate,  she's a normal human like you.  I helped her when she was once a child.  That woman has regarded me as her hero, and Alex..." I saw him paused a bit like he was mincing out his words trying not to be rude before continuing,

"is a really possessive man. We argued about it but he can't seem to understand that i don't like that woman,  so as time passed i just didn't  engage talking with him to avoid arguing"

He finished. He still looks calm and composed but me... I'm crying inside. 

How could i forget such an important thing...

A mate... that's right! 

Of course!

If you're a werewolf you must also have a mate...

I can already feel  my head pounding.

I'm pretty sure that Zach is not my mate, there's no spark or anything like that.

What i feel is lust, that a normal human feels whenever they look at a hot and handsome guy. 

Because stupid hormones!

If Zach's mate comes, what the heck would happen to me?

I can imagine countless dog blood drama and i feel like I'm about to throw up all the food i have swallowed.

I knew it was too good to be true! 

"what about your mate? " i ask Zach,  it's better to clarify this for now...rather than keeping this all to myself. It's always good to have a proper talk to someone rather than just assuming something by yourself.

Novel lesson 101

A lot of female lead, had argued with the male protagonist base on a misunderstanding that could've been avoided if they sat down,  talk and be honest with each other. 

Yes,  i see myself as female lead now. 

If he says he haven't found his mate. Hell I'm...

What would I do?  Run away?  What about the child? Can he just pay me child support? What about my happy family??

Don't tell me im the female lead of a sado-masochist dog blood drama?  Or is this one of those "rejected" genre in wattpad?

You know the whole... One sided love thing,  suffering on your own cause you can't bear to leave him even though he loves someone else...

Those genre that people seems to enjoy despite them knowing that it will hurt their brain and heart,  and eyes and nose at the same time. 

"What are you thinking about Ealize?"

Zach's voice immediately bought me out of my self monologue.

You wouldn't want to know Zach. Even I'm getting confuse of what I'm thinking. 

I answered in my mind

"Isn't werewolves meant to have mates?  Like the sparks flying everywhere when you touch or that heart racing moment where everything is in slow motion when you look at your mate? " i was gorging out every knowledge I have in werewolves, credits to wattpad and novels by the way, on what i know about mates. At the same time I was stopping myself from cringing on the thought of those cheesy moments