15. owls

°°°

°°°

A drop of sweat dripped down Amelia's forehead as she lay on her bed. Her eyes aimlessly stared at the wooden ceiling as her mind wandered through memories that gave the girl the small strength she needed to get through the day.

Amelia missed Hogwarts so much that it felt like a constant headache. She missed the castle and the freedom it came with it. Such as eating banquets in the Great Hall and most importantly her friends.

She missed the late nights in the common room with Aries as they would talk about anything for hours. As well as Studying with her two favorites Ravenclaws Mandy and Marceline. But most of all, she misses goofing around with Justin and Ernie.

All Amelia has done since her summer started was sulk in her room and bury her nose in numerous books. Most were muggle books that Marceline had owled for her to borrow to give the girl an escape from her reality. The other books were spell/potion books that Amelia read to prepare herself for her second year at Hogwarts.

Besides reading, she also managed to send owls to her friends in an attempt to keep in contact. The only person that was challenging to communicate with was Ernie who never seem to stay in one place considering how much the boy travels.

But needless to say, letters were the only thing that kept the redhead girl sane. The whole summer her parents neglected her. Her parents hardly paid her any attention and her brothers would consistently mess with her. Ginny was the only one that kept to herself and simply avoided eye contact with her.

Which of course hurt Amelia since she remembered the times the two girls would talk about Ginny's starting her first day at Hogwarts. And the things the two girls would do together.

Now Ginny wouldn't even speak a word to her.

" Beds empty! No note! Car gone-could have crashed- out of my mind worry- did you care?- never, as long as I've lived- you wait until your father gets home, we never had trouble like this from Bill or Charlie or Percy-"

Amelia heard the booming voice of her mother yelling, at, she assumed, the twins and Ron. She took note of how distant the voice sounded and presumed they were outside.

Car? Did they steal dad's car? Amelia wondered as she stood up from her bed causing the book that lay on her chest to fall accidentally onto the floor.

Takes the attention off me at least.

It was still early, the sun just rising. Amelia had trouble sleeping considering how hot her room got causing the girl to wake up at unusual hours of the night with sweat pouring all over her. Eventually, Amelia decided to just read a book since she knew sleeping was not an option.

The girl started to walk down the long flights of stairs as the scent of eggs hit her nose. As Amelia walked down she heard the mumbling of her mother. Once she reached the end of the stairs her eyes went straight toward Harry Potter.