Karna And Parashurama

"Arjun has a very good character," Karna said pacing in front of Krishna who was seated on the cushion made of pure velvet.

Krishna looked at Karna wondering what he would talk next.

"He is disciplined, determined, hard working, confident..." Karna cried

"But a little egoistic..." he chuckled and continued

" He still thinks that he is the best archer in the world...

I am no less than him and I am very confident about it,

I wish to meet Gurudev Shree Parashuram to seek his blessings on my birthday," 

Krishna said "Then why don't you meet him?"

"I don't know where he is..." Karna sighed

"He is like a father to you.." Krishna said as Karna nodded

"Of course he is...."

Karna narrated his life story to Krishna and Kunti:

____________________________________________

I was very young when I went to learn from him. I was seven or eight,I think.I have been with him for nearly fourteen years,fourteen continuous years.It was twice the number of years Radha maa and Pitashree Adirath spent with me..

I lied to him because I was affected by the world's continuous taunts of calling me a sutputr and they said that I was incompetent and did not deserve to learn archery. Learning archery was my dream. I faced taunts at every moment of my life and hence I decided to lie that I was a Brahmin.

Gurudev never got angry with me.I sometimes wondered if he was the one who destroyed many Kshatriyas with his axe. That one day,one single day, the day when he felt deceived by me, was the worst of all. For the first time I saw his anger, and the sense of betrayal in his eyes.

I am not justifying the act of lying to him. But the nine year old Karna did not want to go back empty handed as he was determined to learn from him and prove to the world that anyone can do anything.

Gurudev understood the reason for my lie and gifted me his Vijaya bow, thus making me the Vijayadhari. The bow was not a normal one. Lord Shiva had used this bow and the Pashupathasthra to destroy the city Tripura . Gurudev Parshuram was armed with this bow when he destroyed the Kshatriyas twenty one times. I felt honored and blessed to have the bow. 

"I know son, that you were a child when you lied to me. As you began gaining knowledge you began to repent but did not have the courage to tell me the truth. Truth is bitter. But if you tell the truth, the burden of repentance will be lifted off your shoulders, my child. Keep this bow as you are worthy of it," He said and continued

"Till you have this bow with you, you will be invincible," My Guru said

Guru Parashuram  was considerate and compassionate towards me. I was over excited at first learning that I was invincible. But later...after meeting Vasudev, I began recollecting my Gurudev's words & preaching and realized that I was in the wrong path. 

_____________________________________________

Karna looked at Krishna thankfully and Krishna said

"It is good that you decided to choose the right path...a man's choices writes his destiny....God does not determine one's destiny.." Krishna said as Karna looked down at the Palace lawn where berries of different kind were growing.

"The Pandavas raised their voices against the disrobing incident but none of others present in the sabha said anything," Karna cried and continued

"Duryodhan is the only person who grew closer to my heart.... I don't know how to flee his ignorance away.....But Draupadi must get justice...." 

Krishna placed his hand on Karna's shoulder

"She will get justice..." assuring Karna

"I should tell Duryodhan about my birth secret....I can't be disloyal to him...." Karna said

Suddenly the nature began showing signs of a storm that was approaching his Kingdom.

"VIJAYADHARI!!!!!" A powerful, fierce voice echoed throughout Angdesh.

_________________________________________________