Chapter 13 - Fire

Jungwon dragged Jay towards Ten's art gallery where he spends most of his time when he's not tattooing someone. The two of the started catching their breaths. Jungwon looked pissed, sitting on s chair near a canvas with a painting of Johnny on a panda costume. Ten must've painted it while thinking about Johnny.

"Are you trying to get yourself in trouble?" Jungwon didn't show any aggression now. He just looked drained. Even if Jay stopped being his friend, he never stopped being Jay's friend. He didn't want to watch him get punished for this.

Jay was still in shock. Sunghoon has Lee Minsung's nameplate and it's pinned on his own uniform.

Then it must be him who's causing this madness in this town. But he would never burn any Police station. Why would he?

"Why are you wearing his nameplate? Why do you even have his nameplate?" Jungwon's voice cracked at the last word of his question. He looked broken. Just as broken as Minsung's friends. This is how Heeseung, K and Seon looked every time Minsung is mentioned.

"N-nothing. I-I didn't know what I was thinking." Jay didn't tell Jungwon that this was supposedly Sunghoon's uniform and the nameplate was already there when he got it. He has to cover up for Sunghoon. No one has to know, because deep inside, he still believes that Sunghoon is innocent.

Jungwon and Jay were silent and just stared at all of Ten's art from one corner. They sat on the floor leaning against each other as if there was no space for two.

They both slowly realized that they just skipped school, but didn't care anymore. They didn't even worry at how they're going to be punished when they go back home. Jay's phone has been ringing for hours until the battery has been emptied.

When it was already dark, Ten came up to his art studio to close up when he saw the two asleep. He didn't want to invite them down to his tattoo studio, but they looked like they're troubled. He was concerned.

These two wouldn't come here if they're having a good day. They'd be out with friends instead. He tapped their shoulders until they opened their eyes, flickering.

Ten was about to ask them what they're doing when Jay's nameplate caught his attention. It's Lee Minsung's nameplate. "Come down for coffee. You guys owe me an explanation." He said then went down the stairs without forcing them.

The two followed along.

"Pure Blood." Jungwon said and the door opened.

"I don't need the password, come in." Ten told them as he offered left over breads and coffee. "Why do I feel like Hagrid?" Ten chuckled to himself. "Why are you hiding here?" He asked.

Jungwon and Jay glanced at each other, contemplating to answer the question. Jay didn't know what to say. He didn't want to slip and give out clues, so he chose to just shut up.

Jungwon on the other hand has a lot to say. "He's walking around with Lee Minsung's nameplate. Everybody already saw it and probably tweeted it. He's going to get caught. The authorities are going to get involved. I thought I should hide him here." He said it without breathing. It just shows how much he's been trying to hold back.

Ten glanced at Jay. He didn't seem like the type. It's not like he knew Minsung. Is he doing it to cover up for Yuta? Ten was suspecting a lot of students who would do this for Yuta, but not Jay. He's new here. Yuta's not even his teacher.

Unless...

Ten got distracted when he noticed a noticable red slap mark on Jay's face. It was hard not to. The mark was prominent. He was about to touch it when Jay stepped backwards, avoiding him. He knew what Ten saw and saw pity in his eyes. That's not what he wanted today. He want to be a badass today.