Chapter 23

'I know'

Y/n's pov

After dinner, we helped Mina regain her strength by walking around her neighbourhood. It wasn't easy for her but she's not one to give up.

Chaeyoung asks me through text if she's doing alright every hour. It's good to know that she cares about Mina as I do. She knows what I feel and she doesn't care.

The four of us talked and there were a conversation where they would tease me about Chaeyoung. I would ignore them and move on about the topic but Jennie is just stubborn to let the subject go.

I hate being teased about it.

After Mina finally starts to walk normally, we headed back to her house. Lisa and Jennie said they were going back to my apartment since it's late already. They couldn't stay the night because they have a date tomorrow morning.

I've slept a few times in Mina's room the past few years, especially when I had no bed to sleep on.

"I'll take a shower. I smell like hospital." Mina said and I nodded.

"I'll wash the dishes."

I'm not used to be taking care of Mina like this. She doesn't get the cold as I usually do, she's strong and it's always her who takes care of me. I kind of miss her being around me all the time.

I'm always busy hanging out with Chaeyoung that I forgot about her. But when I heard that she was in the hospital I went back to my old habits. I drove my car at an unbelievable speed that I can't even control myself.

All I thought about earlier was just to get to her as quickly as possible. I didn't care about crashing onto other cars or poles on the road, I just knew I needed to get to her.

It was a different kind of adrenaline that hit me on the spot. I couldn't run to her instead I punched the gas and hoped for the best.

My mind was so focused on the fact that she might not be okay that I forgot about my agreement with Chaeyoung. She told me to be careful on the roads, especially when I'm alone.

I didn't think of it at all. I forgot about her..

After washing the plates, I walked upstairs to Mina's room. I knocked first and there was no answer. I walked in and went straight to Mina's balcony.

It was small spaced but it was relaxing to be there. I closes the sliding doors and sat down on one of the chairs. I put my feet up on the ledge to relax my body.

The stars were shining brightly on the surface of the sky making this night perfect. It's quiet and I could see street lights from where I am.

I decided to call Chaeyoung to say goodnight. Thankfully, she answered right away.

"Hey, I thought you're already asleep." She greeted me with the same sweet voice I know.

"I just called to say goodnight." I said and I could hear her chuckle from the line.

"It would be better if you're here besides me saying that." She hinted that I should go over there and I sighed.