Chapter 190

I blinked a few times in confusion as I laid on the floor on my back, having no idea how I had just fallen. There were voices all around me and I could see people rushing around the station.

     "Lexi! You okay?" the voice asked again.

      I shook my head, as if trying to come back to my senses. When I finally regained myself from the dizziness, I got up to my feet, only to see Kiara in front of me, her skin as dark and beautiful as I remembered it, although she was now way shorter than me.

      She too was wearing the fake Hogwarts robes we had bought. Although neither of us had the ties that could show which house we were. We had bought these with our pocket-money, and therefore could only afford to buy the main black robes. So we had decided to pretend we weren't sorted into our houses yet.

      I stared at Kiara anxiously as I straightened up to my feet and she stared back at me with the same amount of worry. I waited for her to say something, just to see if she had realized I looked any difference and to check whether McGonagall's Confundus charm around me had worked or not.

      I felt uncomfortable as she looked me up and down in confusion. But then she finally said, "Where is your wand?"

      I gaped at her. "My — what?"

     "You wand!" she said, scoffing as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "You know... Your chopstick!"

      My eyes widened in realization and my heart sank when I remembered that twelve years ago when I had fell into platform 9 3/4 I had dropped my fake wand there.

     "Oi, Lexi!" Kiara snapped me out of my thoughts. "Okay, what is the matter with you? I think you've hit the wall too hard. It has damaged your non-existing brain."

      "Yeah, it might have," I said in a hollow voice.

      Kiara broke down into chuckles. "Wow, you really don't belong in Ravenclaw."

      "Maybe," I shrugged, giving her a smug grin, "but at least I make a damn good Gryffindor."

      "Gryffindor?" she raised a brow at me.

      "Yeah." I shrugged again.

      "But I thought you said you belonged in Slytherin!"

       I blinked a few times, trying to think fast. But it was proved harder than I expected to make lies up on the spot. "I — I changed my mind."

     "In such a short time?" Kiara gave me a look, folding her arms suspiciously.

     "It wasn't a short time," I tried to reason, keeping my voice as straight and casual as possible, "I've had some thought about it and realized that even though I have a few Slytherin characteristics, I'm still a Gryffindor at heart."

      "You've realized all this throughout the ride?" she asked and I frowned in confusion. "You know... When me and my mum came and picked you up? And on our way here we were talking about our Hogwarts houses and you said you were a Slytherin all through and through?"

      "Er... yeah... I've changed my mind since the ride," I said, clearing my throat awkwardly.

      "You really are acting weird." She shook her head at me. "Seriously though, where did your wand go? I could've sworn you just had it in your hand!"

      "Oh, who cares?" I said, trying to shake the matter off as she was looking on the ground for it. "Look, let's just forget it and go get something to eat. I'm starving —"

      "Oh, I got it!" she suddenly cried out. "I can check the video I've got for it! We'll see where you've dropped!"

      The color drained from my face at those words. "The — the video?"

      But before I could do anything else, Kiara reached out for the camera around her neck and took it off to take a look at the footage she had gotten.

      If she checked the video of me running toward the wall, she would've seen a young Lexi hitting it, only to sight an older Lexi falling down at that exact second.

      "Look, how about you give that to me—" I said, trying to snatch the camera out of her hands, but she was faster.

      Kiara quickly turned on the spot stubbornly, trying to go and check out the video.

      I felt my heartbeat pick up from the stress. If I had my wand with me, I would've Confunded her so she could've forgotten all about the camera. But the problem was, I had already given my wand to Fred.

     But just when I thought Kiara had seen the video, I saw that her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion as she stared down at the camera, clicking different bottoms.

      "I don't understand..." she muttered under her breath.

      "What's wrong?" I asked hesitantly, moving closer to her.

       "It's not working," she said, still clicking the bottoms rapidly as if it was going to help. "It's all blank. All our pictures and videos. They're all gone!"

      My eyes widened in confusion. How was that possible?

       Kiara then tried to open the camera up to see if something was wrong, but just then we both gasped when the inside of the camera exploded lightly, letting out a smoke.

      "No!" Kiara groaned, looking down at the broken camera with remorse.

      I blinked a few times in confusion, because I knew that this wasn't ordinary. This little explosion inside the camera had a magical source.

      But who could've caused it...?

      While Kiara was busy mourning and muttering to herself that her mum was going to kill her, I turned to look around the station, trying to find the source of the magic, or the person who had cast the spell from afar to break the camera.

      But just then my eyes widened as I saw someone there that I wasn't expecting to see at all, standing only a few feet away from us.

"Hey." He smiled down at me from afar.