◇49◇

🎆 Chapter 49 🎆

🎆 Chapter 49 🎆

"IF YOU'RE NOT careful, she'll knock you out in one hit." Cecile warned John, no trace of ignorance in her body language. "Don't underestimate her."

John smirked in a laid-back manner, "Sounds like a piece of cake to me."

"I'm not joking around John!" The cyan haired girl emphasized. "Remi is a high tier too! She defeated me!"

The raise in volume caused Y/N to open her eyes and toss the girl a glare. Throughout the duration of the trio's little "meeting," if you could call it that, Y/N was resting on the window sill, head leaned back against the wall and earbuds plugged in.

Cecile caught herself and cleared her throat.

"And?" John asked playfully. "I defeated you too."

"..."

"Relax Cecile. You worry too much. I'll take care of it."

"Fine then, what's your plan for Arlo?"

"That's for me to know."

"Ugh...I don't get you. We're supposed to be allies..but you're not telling me anything! How am I supposed to assist you when—!"

"Shh," He put a finger to his lips, face focused, before pointing a finger towards the wall. "..Someone's there."

"It's Isen," Y/N announced lazily, yawning. "The shit's been listening in for a while outside the door."

Cecile gave a frustrated look. "Why would you just tell us—?!"

"Are you going to stand there lecturing me or take him inside?"

Once again, Cecile was reminded of her place. She ought to be more careful next time. Y/N was a ticking time bomb, one that made John seem like a mere firecracker.

There was no telling when she'd explode.

Outside the room, Isen felt uneasy. His glowing orange eyes faltered when he could no longer hear sound on the other side. ..Why'd it get so quiet all of a sudden..? Before he could react, neon green ropes crackled and broke through the wall, hindering him into one place. What the..?! Ah shit—!

Cecile stood before him, arms crossed and ability activated.

"Uhh...h-heeeyy Cecile~" He sang nervously. Y-you're looking mighty fine today, ha.....oof!" She threw his body through the door. Barely able to look up, Isen met eyes with an intimidating John. Holy shit, he does not look happy! Please Cecile, help a buddy out. Isen felt another pair of eyes on his direction, and followed them to meet a blank Y/N. Of fucking course, Y/N's here too! I'm gonna die here before I even get a girlfriend!