Ours

"ARRGH! Emma groaned loudly in pain as another contraction hit her. She clutched the bedsheet tightly waiting for it to pass. She was at St. Mungos with Remus nowhere to be seen.

Emma had been at the Burrow when her water broke one full week before her due date. Molly and Fleur had gathered to rush her to the hospital immediately. Fleur had gone back to notify Remus while Molly now bustled around her hospital room, propping up pillows and trying to help Emma.

That was two hours ago. Remus should have been here by now.

"That's lovely dear, your contractions are getting closer by the minute," Molly rambled in addition to some more unsolicited but well-intended labour advice. Emma was in too much pain to process and try anything she said.

"I'm here!" Two men burst through the door. The taller man with sandy hair was dressed in his Auror robes while the other one with longer, darker curls still had on his Weasleys Wizard Wheezes shop apron.

Fleur had been unable to find Remus and had ended up cornering Sirius in the shop, who had then rushed off to find Remus and drag him away in the middle of a raid. It was times like these that Padfoot came in handy.

"Oh, Remus! Finally!" Molly exclaimed as he rushed over to his fiancée and checked in with her.

"How many minutes apart are you? How is she doing?" he asked hurried, grasping her hand and caressing it in an effort to soothe her. She screamed out in pain again when her next contraction hit, squeezing all the blood out of his hand. She then glared back at him silently daring him to complain.

Sirius stood at the door looking in dread. He didn't know whom to feel sorrier for.

Emma's eyes conveyed how much she hated him in the moment for putting her through this.

As if it didn't take two to tango.

"Another ten-fifteen minutes I believe. The healer should be back shortly to check on her. Now that I have you both together- the wedding. Do you want it in the orchard, or are you thinking backyard?" Molly asked.

"REMUS!" Emma shouted without responding to Molly. Remus stared back at her lost and shifted his gaze to his best mate.

"Right on it," Sirius said almost instantly and marched over to Molly before she could offer them wedding food options. 

Luckily, their healer (who was also a trained midwife) arrived on time. While she began prepping for the delivery Remus settled himself next to Emma on a stool, talking to her to distract her.

"Okay now when you feel another contraction coming I want you to push, okay?" healer McNally now sat between her legs, while she still held on to Remus. His hand was losing colour and all sense of touch but she didn't let go. More groans follow as she braced herself to follow instructions.

Why had she said no to the stronger stuff? She cursed herself.

The mild pain tonic only went so far.

"Man, this baby better be worth it, right?" Sirius joked from where he stood. He was back, undecided whether he wanted to watch this or leave. 

Should he even? He had managed to get Molly on an errand for some ice chips for Emma. One of those muggle birthing things they were trying at St. Mungos.

"Out. Now," Emma said.

"Right, then. Moony try not to faint," and with that Sirius was gone too.

Remus stared at her, feeling a little weak and scared. This was it.

"It will be fine. You can do this," he assured her minutes in as she paused, sweating beading down her forehead looking ready to all but give up.

"Bloody hell- You try pushing out a WATERMELON!" she yelled the last part out in agony with another push.