XLIX

Chapter 49: Truth

🍪Ellie's P.O.V

The stinging sensation of being slapped woke me up, my cheek flared up in pain. I let out a groan, my body aching all over.

The first thing that registered to me, was the sharp knife that was pointed to me. What made me recoil though is the fact that it was dripping with blood.

Fresh blood.

I looked up, feeling my heart drop and breathing stop for a second.

"Surprise." Todd grinned devilishly, pointing the knife to my face.

I felt the betrayal slapped me like reality."How dare you?" I weakly said, glaring at him.

"How dare I?" He gasped dramatically."Did you seriously think that I would betray my flesh in blood over someone like you?" He continued, looking at me as if I were a gum stuck in his shoe.

I felt tears well up at the pain that wrapped on my heart."What did I ever do to you?" I whispered, my voice pained.

First Annie and then it was Valentino, and now its Todd? What the hell us up with these people?

He ignored my question, wiping the bloody knife on my bruised face."Do you know who's blood is this?" He hummed happily.

I grimaced, the smell of blood entering my senses."Who?" I stammered, a bad feeling growing on my stomach.

Todd smirked, stepping aside and showing me the scene that I absolutely never wish to see.

Chase was lying on the ground, blood pooling out of his slit throat as his head was turned to me with his dead, dull eyes staring straight into my eyes.

A scream so loud rang into through room, it came from me. I tried to stand up but my body was too weak to move.

Todd let out a cackle that made the hairs on my neck stand up. He stood over me and stabbed me in my stomach.

I woke up with a gasp, my face meeting nothing but plain blank walls. It was only then did I realize that everything was a dream when my eyes settled on Todd and Chase's unconscious figures.

I leaned back on the cold floor, my heart beating erratically. It was just a bad dream, I thought, wiping my clammy hands on my jeans.

My body felt like it got ran over and it was probably from the force of running into the pole. All I remembered was blacking out and the feeling of someone carrying me.

My hands were completely chained and even my feet were, all of us were tied up and another rope to secure it.

There wasn't any chance of escape except for the door. There wasn't any window but the light was on.

A pained groan made my head snap in Todd's direction, it seemed he was gaining consciousness.

There was slight blood from the side of his head and it was probably from earlier, he looked disoriented and had to blink his eyes a few times.

Our eyes met and he paused, letting out a curse when the flashbacks of what happened came back to him. Chase woke up, a soft grunt leaving his mouth. He sat up, staring at his tied hands before realizing we were kidnapped.