Dutch Van der Linde & Hosea Matthews: Appreciation

Dutch Van der Linde X Female Reader
Hosea Matthews X Female Reader

Summary: Just a short fluffy moment with Dutch and Hosea.

Word Count: 700

It had been a rough day. Thankfully it wasn't anything too bad, just a tiring job. Nothing went too wrong and most importantly nobody got hurt, but now you were just tired and everything ached.

As soon as you returned to the camp, Hosea and Dutch noticed the state you were in. They were glad that you weren't hurt but they still weren't too thrilled with how you worn down you looked.

The two men followed you over to your tent, you didn't mind their presence as you pulled off your coat and tossed it down onto your cot.

"Are you alright, darling?" Dutch asked as you removed your hat, guns, and everything else you didn't need.

"Didn't the job go fine?" Hosea asked.

"Yeah the job was alright...just tired I guess. And everything just kinda...aches" you admitted, never feeling a need to hide anything from them.

"Come on" Dutch ordered gently, nodding out of your tent.

"Where are we going?" you turned to them properly, raising an eyebrow at them.

"Don't you trust us, dear?" Hosea asked with a slightly teasing smile.

"Of course I do" you rolled your eyes at them. The two men stepped to the side, creating an opening for you to leave out of.

You laughed quietly to yourself as you left your tent, letting them both guide you over to Dutch's tent. They walked you inside and Dutch tied the canvas close to give the three of you some privacy.

This wasn't an uncommon occurrence so you knew what to do. You climbed onto Dutch's bed, sitting up against the headboard in the middle, letting the two men sit on either side of you.

Obliviously Dutch had the biggest bed in the camp, it being the only one that all three of you could fit on. And it had various animal furs on it for extra warmth and comfort, you would have been jealous of it if you weren't welcome on it whenever you pleased. But you were, so you had nothing to complain about.

The three of you made yourselves comfortable, Hosea leaning forward for a second to grab a blanket. He lent back again and unfolded it before wrapping it around your shoulders, making you smile. You had to admit that you liked when these two men took care of you. You were already feeling better.

"Read to me?" you asked quietly as you rested your head on Dutch's shoulder, looking up at him with the best puppy dog eyes you could muster.

"Anything for you, darling" Dutch chuckled and pressed a kiss to your forehead before reaching for a book, making you pull your head away from his shoulder. One of the ones in the stack beside his bed.

"Oh please, anything but Evelyn Miller" Hosea groaned when he saw the cover of the book he selected.

"Now, what is wrong with Mr Miller's works?" Dutch asked, almost sounding personally offended.

"Nothing is wrong with them, it's just all I ever hear with you" Hosea complained, making you giggle.

"Oh leave him be. I like seeing him get all passionate" you confessed, giving Dutch an encouraging smile. Hosea couldn't help but chuckle and shake his head at you.

"At least one of you appreciates me" Dutch joked.

"Don't be silly. We both appreciate you" you shook your head at him.

"And we appreciate you, love" Hosea told you sweetly, placing a kiss on your temple.

"And all the hard work you do" Dutch added.

"I know" you hummed, admittedly enjoying their praise. "But you both do just as much" you pointed out.

"Of course but that doesn't change how we feel. You work hard and deserve to be told that" Hosea insisted, taking your hand in his and squeezing it gently.

"Thank you" you squeezed his hand back.

Dutch finally settled back beside you properly, opening his book. Hosea released your hand and wrapped his arm around you, letting you lean into his side comfortably. He stroked your hair soothingly as Dutch began to read to you.

You would fall asleep there, listening to Dutch talk and enjoying their comfort. They would let you sleep, getting you comfortable on the bed and probably joining you for a while. They definitely wouldn't leave your side until you woke up, at least.

Requests are Closed!