Chapter 34

Danny awoke the next day to the sound of his communicator going off. He had placed his communicator with the rest of his ghost hunting supplies, so he flew up to the ceiling to retrieve it. "Hello?"

"Hey, Danny." It was Black Canary. "Sorry about the short notice, but there's a mission today? Can you make it?"

"Sure thing." He answered. "I'll be there in a few minutes."

A second later, there was a knock at his door. "Come in," he said quickly floating back down to the ground.

Dick walked into the room. "Good morning! I hate to do this to you, but I just got a call. A college I've been looking at scheduling a visit for me today, so I won't be at school. Do you think you'll be okay without me?"

"Sure." He grinned to himself. "Besides, I'll have Artemis and Barbara to hang out with."

"Uh yeah..." Dick looked uncomfortable. "You can hang out with them... well, I'm going to go get ready. See you tonight!"

Danny laughed as he left, Dick knew Artemis wouldn't be at school today. He loved messing with him. Danny finished getting ready and went downstairs. He told Alfred that he was going to walk to school today. He also told him he had Art Club, so he might be home late. After grabbing an apple, he ran out the door.

He walked a few blocks, before ducking into an ally to go ghost. It was so unfair that Dick and Artemis got excuses to miss school, and he had to cut class. Now he was going to be behind in English again. And they have a test on Friday. Just his luck...

He could ask Artemis for her notes. She might hate school, but she did have fairly decent grades. Unfortunately, the times he missed school; she was also gone on missions. Plus, she would get suspicious if she found out they were both gone on the same days. Looks like his only option was to fail the test. Oh well, it couldn't be helped.

Danny arrived at the phone box, but he wasn't alone. "Hey, Danny." Artemis greeted.

"Hi." He said dropping down next to her.

"Crazy getting called on a mission so, suddenly right?" she said stepping up to the booth.

"Yeah, it is weird." He said before she walked in. He quickly followed her.

"Man," she complained. "I normally love missing school, but I have an English test on Friday! Now I won't know what's going on!"

He laughed, "That sucks. I have a science test this week." A lie, but it would help keep her from getting suspicious.

"That stinks." She said sympathetically.

When they walked into the meeting room, the rest of the team plus Black Canary and Batman were already there.

"Thank you all for coming." Batman pulled up several images on the screen. The first was a picture of Psimon next to a picture of Venom. The second, was a picture of Sports Master, next to an image of a Genomorph.

"You previously stopped Psimon from obtaining a sample of Venom." Black Canary started. "You also kept Sports Master from getting his hands on a Genomorph."

"Both of these men were hired by an unidentified company or organization." Batman continued. "We are trying to figure out what these two items have in common. Venom makes people immensely strong, while Genomorphs can be used to control people's minds. We still don't know what the connection between these items could be. However, we now know their next target."

A new set of images appeared on the screen. "I'm sure you all recognize the Riddler." Black Canary then pointed to the second image. "These are the nanobots that you previously stopped from infiltrating Wayne Industries. Since you captured them, Wayne Industries has been studying them. We have received word that later today, the Riddler is going to try to steal it for this company. Your job is to keep that from happening."

(A/N - Hey guys, thanks for reading. Good luck with school starting up soon. Stay whelmed and go ghost.)