Seaside :))

The seaside was always a second home to me since I was young. I loved the scent of the salty sea and the feeling of sand sinking in between my toes. When I was thirteen, I would sneak out early to enjoy a stroll down the seafront by myself every morning, listen to music and watch the sun rise by myself. I would make sure I made it back to my grandparents' beach house in time for breakfast, so nobody knew I had left. Those were my most memorable, favourite days.

I casually stepped out of the train station; it was my first time travelling by myself. I felt nervous but my parents said that it would help me with my independence. And I wanted to make the most of my days by the sea as I was going to leave for university soon. Therefore, I wouldn't have time to enjoy moments like this by myself. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath of the fresh air. I missed this... I thought to myself. As I headed for the hotel I was staying at, which was just around the corner.

Just as I headed for the lobby, I had fully stopped in my tracks. I was facing the most beautiful girl I'd ever seen. She didn't seem much older than me. She had a fair shade of brown hair and the most beautiful, deep, blue eyes. She wore a denim bucket hat, followed by an oversized jumper, and ripped jeans. In addition, she was holding her phone in one hand and a guitar in a bag in her other. She was not even trying but she looked like the definition of perfect.

She caught my eye.

"Hey!" she walked over to me as she smiled in a cute way showing her dimples, after noticing that i had been staring at her for a while.

"Hi!" I replied nervously, afraid she would judge me, I had just been on the train for six hours and I knew I looked exhausted. But lucky for me, I was wearing my favourite outfit, followed by my waist-length, golden hair (that I can't believe looked incredibly straight)with a pink bandanna.

"My name is Claire." I noticed as she spoke, her eyes twinkled in the sunlight.

"My name is Alexa," I blushed as she stared right into my eyes.

"Ahaha, I can tell you're cute, we should hang out, Alexa, it would really make my week here" she giggled, as she checked out my outfit.

I felt my face turn bright pink as she spoke.

"Of course! Here's my snapchat."

"Thanks girly"

We exchanged snapchats and arranged to meet that evening in her room and get dinner together. She hugged me goodbye. As she strolled off to her room. I headed for the front desk to fill in my booking for my room, trying to stop smiling just at the thought of Claire. I wasn't even sure if she was into girls, but I knew that I would end up liking her.

As soon as I got into my room, I put my bag down and laid down on my double-sized bed. I dug into my bag to get out my phone. ClaireCottrill added you as a friend. I smiled at the screen and added her back. She snapped me right away. "Hey cutie, I miss your face."

She was going to be the highlight of my trip.

Hey guys! I hope you have enjoyed the story so far. This is my first story I have wrote here on Wattpad, I will be updating daily :) Have a great day/night everyone!! Ilyy <3