21) Meri Behna? It is happening

Dedicated to Disha018 for your constant votes on each chapter <3

21) Meri Behna? It is happening

Baking Tip for the Day: The icing on the cake should always be attractive even when the cake is not

Mansi's POV

'Arrest warrant?' I spoke, surprised and shocked, 'Kyu?'

'Aur ye sab police station mein aake bolna aisa mat kehna,' Janvi ushered, challenging the policemen to not even try, 'We have a lawful obligation to know.'

For the very first time, everyone, baring me, looked stunned. I knew of course, how fierce she could get when her lawyer mode was on and although this was a very serious situation, I couldn't help but be proud.

One of the policemen eyed the fierce girl, while everyone gathered around. He asked the female police officer about the reason and spoke with them for a minute before looking at us. Janvi was standing in front of me now.

Damn, within a year she can officially represent me for all legal cases.

Not that I needed them, but sure.

'I'm sorry, but we're obligated to arrest whoever we want who are in connect to the drug dealing case at the Ganges. We can call for questioning and have an official search warrant towards the names outed in the trial.'

'Wait, who outed me?'

'One of the drug dealer who was caught last night, mentioned your name,'

All my family members now looked at me, Virat Pa held my arm, gently. He looked a lot scared about the recent happenings.

'Ye kya ho raha hai, baccha?' He asked, and I sensed how he believed I wouldn't do anything as such.

Shaking my head, I removed the badge of my company and my status as a journalist out from my pocket. 'I don't know myself, Paa,'

I handed the badge to the police, telling them that I work for the times and have been a undercover journalist trying to get a hand over drug dealers to report about them to the media. They didn't know what to make about it.

Janvi determined as ever, trusted me, even when she had no idea about my current job, 'I was talking with one of them last evening. He didn't sell me anything and said he had no idea what I'm talking about but I could sense he knew exactly what I wanted. How he knew my name and address, I don't know.'

There was a deafening silence for the next thirty seconds, I knew because I counted. The police took my badge, and then spoke to someone on the call as Janvi, Manav and Paa, stood right besides.

'I am sorry, but we'll have to take you in,' said one of the policemen, 'Till then, get your lawyer,'

'But aap...'

'Paa please,' I kept my hand on his shoulder, telling him to relax while the rest of the family especially my G Ma looked astounded.

'Janvi?' I looked at my sister, her jaw was clenched.

Helplessness colored on her face.

She took a deep breath and nodded, I did too and raised my hands towards the men who handcuffed me and the female police took me in the van.

Well, not the experience I wanted to ever have but it should count for something right?

'Virat, kuch karo, please.' Sweety maami spoke, helplessly watching me, as were everyone else.

Their expressions were pitiful. As I sat in the van, I saw how close they were to burst out crying. Bua Daadi alongwith my maami were furious, telling my paa to do something. G Ma had alongwith badi beeji already started crying. Samar and Veer look dumbfounded, the former standing beside Janvi, afraid and anxious and the latter was confused. Kadambari daadi and Shlok chachu were consoling G ma and badi beeji.